PDA

View Full Version : Condemned 2: Bloodshot Review

aznsk8rboii
05-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Well I really don't contribute alot here besides browsing, I decided I'd contribute by reviewing games that I have recently played all the way through. I know this is really off topic, but I'm pretty much bored as hell at home. After each category Ill list my rating, and ratings of other sites/reviews.

So here it goes: :cop:

Title: Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Console: Xbox 360
Genre: Survival Horror/ Melee Oriented

Story:
So where to start things off, this game takes a different stride in next gen gaming. It's set in a someone distant future of the real life world. our main character is that of the previous game, "Condemned: Criminal Origins", But there isn't any need to play the first one to understand the story, although it would help.(I've popped in the first one, but i didn't really finish it.) You are Ethan Thomas, ex-SCU agent turned drunk/deadbeat. As you watch the beginning intro, you realize that almost everyone in this not so far future are meth addicts and violent. Duty calls as a former friend sends a message for you. This is how it starts. Overall the story isn't so bad, it has a few loose endings, and sometimes it feels like the story is only there to satisfy the first one.

My Rating: 6.5/10
Their Rating: 7/10

Combat: Combat For a fresh break from the normal first person shooter, BS takes a different step as they did in the first and focus mainly on melee combat. Monolith had great success with the first game in the melee combat that they took a run for it, and to be honest, it really works. Imagine, your in this shity ass part of town and you have a few addicts jacked up on something chasing you. You have 2 options, throw your pistol (its empty cause you only have one full clip every gun you equip) Or rip this toilette seat off and bash the living shit out of them. I chose the latter and enjoyed it thoroughly. I can get tough as you progress and you can die a lot.(which isn't a problem, I'll explain later.) Monolith has tweaked the melee combat so when you hit the right combination you can do basic boxing combos. Some of these include the 1, 2 hit combo. Hooks and Jabs can be used to assault your enemy. There are aslo triggered events by tapping your weapons twice to go into a slow mo mode to see the damage done. simply put this is amazing. All in all, the combat in this game is pretty fun, although it sheds away to more of a gun game towards the end, its not bad, and fun.

My Rating 8.5/10
Their Rating 8/10

Gameplay: Its pretty linear, and that is not a bad thing. There are a few instances when you get lost, but there is always some sense of direction. The environments are pretty crazy from inner city to trashed hotels, even an outdoor lodge. There are also a few objectives for each level, which when completed well help your score per level. I say that because you will be rated on how well you do each level and each crime scene investigation. You receive a prize or upgrade every level. Which brings me to another part of the gameplay. You will come across a few crime scenes where you will be the one determining how and where the victims met death, its pretty interesting and makes you feel like you are on a set of CSI. You are also equipped with a few tools to complete these investigations. As a note there are a lot of things that make this game spooky. It's hard to explain but the ambience is perfect.

To be honest this game was kind of tricky if you are going to try and 100% this game then I would recommend a guide, http://mycheats.1up.com/view/superguide ... t/xbox_360 (http://mycheats.1up.com/view/superguide/3159390/condemned_2__bloodshot/xbox_360) Here you will find out every trick and every combo. As well as every hidden item in the game.

My Rating: 8/10
Their Rating: 8/10

Overall: Aside from the lack there of a good story and the spookyness it really offers something different. The length of the game was solid, taking about 6-7 hours to complete. The replay value is alright and there are a few different multiplayer matches including a game that is just full of action. There worth trying out but not great enough to keep playing it like other games. So if your out trying to figure out a game to get/try out, my advice is give this game a try. It might be of everyones taste, but it really is unique.

My Rating: 7.75/10
Thier rating: 8/10

Notes: If you feel like this may have helped you please let me know, and if you have played the game give me your rating of the game.