PDA

View Full Version : Tint prescription

jimmy_beaner
05-20-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm trying to find a way to "legally" get my front side windows tinted. Does anyone know of an optometrist that'll write a tint prescription... or any other way to not get harassed by the cops? This car is still my DD (for awhile anyway).

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee318/jimmy_beaner21/100_0122-1.jpg
As you can tell, she needs tint

FiFdYnUtZ
05-20-2009, 04:16 PM
just tint them and keep your windows down around cops...btw you from iowa city? i see your car all the time around campus...

jimmy_beaner
05-20-2009, 04:56 PM
just tint them and keep your windows down around cops...btw you from iowa city? i see your car all the time around campus...
I live in Coralville. Got 3 years left until my Ph.D. is done. And I would do that, but I get pulled over my troopers on the interstate if I forget to put my front plate bracket on. I'm sure I would get pulled over for tint. Thus, I need some way of making it "legal".

What do you think of the car when you see it? haha

FiFdYnUtZ
05-20-2009, 06:33 PM
looks good! doesnt sound bad either!

Drifte
05-20-2009, 07:44 PM
looks BA. I have sensitive eyes, and require tint and sunglasses during the day. Check with your insurance, find your eye doctor, and tell him the sun bothers your eyes. Then mention tint, as you hate sunglasses or have to wear regular glasses.

bingo bango

Drifte
05-20-2009, 07:45 PM
no mo popo.

it rhymed, thought I'd keep it goin'

jimmy_beaner
05-20-2009, 09:39 PM
looks BA. I have sensitive eyes, and require tint and sunglasses during the day. Check with your insurance, find your eye doctor, and tell him the sun bothers your eyes. Then mention tint, as you hate sunglasses or have to wear regular glasses.

bingo bango
the sad thing... I do wear glasses, and the sun frequently does bother my eyes, especially from the side. I hate clip on sunglasses and CAN'T wear contacts (had an allergic reaction to them). Should I call the eye doctor and bring it up first? I don't want to pay for an eye exam and not get the prescription.

FiFdYnUtZ
05-20-2009, 09:43 PM
yeah definitely plea your case if you can, you can get the DOT forms for it from your courthouse or you can download them off the net..

jimmy_beaner
05-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Can someone provide me the name of the form, or a link to it so I can print it off? I have never heard of such a form.

FiFdYnUtZ
05-21-2009, 11:13 AM
its called a window tint exemption form....

jimmy_beaner
05-21-2009, 02:47 PM
its called a window tint exemption form....
Outstanding... now I have to decide, window tint or Kenne Bell blower this summer... I'm leaning towards the blower lol

DustinsDuster
05-21-2009, 02:57 PM
if thats really the question, youre either looking at some NASA grade tint, or a dirt cheap blower...

jimmy_beaner
05-21-2009, 03:29 PM
if thats really the question, youre either looking at some NASA grade tint, or a dirt cheap blower...
you should familiarize yourself with Kenne Bell hahaha. It was more of a joke than anything... I am getting my stage 2 clutch installed soon and then once I reach my money "threshold", I'll pick up the blower. Which will be here less than a week before it's all put on :)

Drifte
05-21-2009, 07:31 PM
blower wins. gets some really classy cling on tint for the mean time.

jimmy_beaner
05-21-2009, 09:09 PM
yes it does. I have to get my clutch and alum flywheel installed and gone through the 500 mile break in period first lol.

Drifte
05-21-2009, 10:13 PM
pff break in. launch it a couple times, its broken in....maybe that only works on subarus? New clutch eh, stage 2, so is that a Spec? my spec mated to alum flywheel make a good bit of ruccus. No out of the ordinary, but fair warning.

jimmy_beaner
05-21-2009, 10:18 PM
most of the "ruccus" comes from the Spec throwout bearing. I have a Ford OEM HD throwout bearing ready to go in with it. Yes, it is the Spec Stage 2, with Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel and Steeda firewall adjuster and double hook quadrant.

Ricky
05-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Hey i did the 500 mile break in just like i was supposed to. Got a little better but after 2 good launches with launch control the clutch feels great! i would do power then tint... i got tint on my back windows and i can feel the difference.

If your balls are always sweating and you hate running A/C tint is a good thing to do now that its getting warmer.

TbTalon94
05-22-2009, 11:41 AM
running a/c in a fast car is always the greatest. Nothing like rolling up with a/c, push a button and kick some ass.

jimmy_beaner
05-22-2009, 05:22 PM
In Mustangs, when you go WOT, the A/C gets bypassed. It's kind of funny, when you're WOT through 3 gears you can actually feel the car blowing warm air. Pretty awesome little thing.

In other news, I'm hoping to do the blower before school starts back up.

Fire Hawk
05-22-2009, 09:13 PM
you should familiarize yourself with Kenne Bell hahaha. It was more of a joke than anything... I am getting my stage 2 clutch installed soon and then once I reach my money "threshold", I'll pick up the blower. Which will be here less than a week before it's all put on :)

I know what he was getting at cause the money for tint vs a blower is like buying a used geo or a new Cobra. There isn't the money comparison. I know it was a joke and im sure dustin did also cause of his smart remark. If the tint cost as much as the blower it better be something like NASA!

jimmy_beaner
05-22-2009, 09:55 PM
[quote=DustinsDuster]if thats really the question, youre either looking at some NASA grade tint, or a dirt cheap blower...

I know what he was getting at cause the money for tint vs a blower is like buying a used geo or a new Cobra. There isn't the money comparison. I know it was a joke and im sure dustin did also cause of his smart remark. If the tint cost as much as the blower it better be something like NASA![/quote:kbvjkmg7]
yeah, was a joke... though I can think of better things to spend $200 on

DragonUSMC
06-10-2009, 11:26 PM
just in case this guy is still around...

the exemption form you need is from the DOT, and it has to be signed by a doctor stating the medical reason why you require it.

I know, i have one.

From what you said it sounds like you could do it, just go see your doctor and tell him why you think it will help.