PDA

View Full Version : Torrey at CFR Yesterday

Ninesecsnake
05-17-2009, 10:34 AM
This is a short video of the launch, it gets loose 300ft out. He carried the tires over 300ft. After it got loose I forgot I was taping and pointed the camera in the wrong direction. Enjoy it's in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvI1-P_5Mvc

BIG HP
05-17-2009, 12:28 PM
did he ever get ALL that power down the track? He should of won that class easy! Was there anyone close?

DustinsDuster
05-17-2009, 05:56 PM
did he get any clean passes? what kind of times was he pulling?

snickerlicker
05-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Better get the video stopwatch out....

K-ville
05-17-2009, 08:06 PM
:iagree:

Ninesecsnake
05-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Always the smack talkers, no he didn't get any clean passes the shaft in the turbo broke on that pass, it's being sent in tomorrow for repair. I didn't say it went low 8's, it did go the fastest to 330ft as it ever has on the back tires, it carried the wheels all the way past the 330ft, and that was on 20lbs of boost.

K-ville
05-17-2009, 09:00 PM
no smack toward the car on my part just smack for some of the stuff said by other people on here. that this looks like alot of fun!

FiFdYnUtZ
05-17-2009, 09:38 PM
i didnt see any claims of times posted, so no reason to need to nit pick...but im sure if it was a clean pass he would at least be willing to post the slip :)

30lbsboost
05-18-2009, 05:41 AM
Awesome launch!

Too bad it broke. I'm sure Eric will get it back together soon, truely a bad ass car.

Scott
05-18-2009, 07:23 AM
damn looks good, actually left with a decent reaction time too!! So how was the 10.5 class out there? get any cars to show up?

Mufflover
05-18-2009, 08:32 AM

That is some funny shit, how does that stopwatch even work? How in the world would your reaction time be factored into the et?

Mufflover
05-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Always the smack talkers, no he didn't get any clean passes the shaft in the turbo broke on that pass, it's being sent in tomorrow for repair. I didn't say it went low 8's, it did go the fastest to 330ft as it ever has on the back tires, it carried the wheels all the way past the 330ft, and that was on 20lbs of boost.

Dont get so angry. :supz:

Scott
05-18-2009, 08:41 AM

That is some funny shit, how does that stopwatch even work? How in the world would your reaction time be factored into the et?

It works very well!!! and your reaction time has nothing to do with your ET in drag racing :neener:

Mufflover
05-18-2009, 09:38 AM

It works very well!!! and your reaction time has nothing to do with your ET in drag racing :neener:

I know that dipshit, but I was just wondering on a video stopwatch you have to start and stop it so thats where the reaction time comes into play maybe?

Scott
05-18-2009, 09:45 AM
LOL.. ohh internet guy getting pissy over here.. Its a damn stop watch how complicated can it be!!?? Its got a START button, it has a STOP button, and it has a RESET button!!!! Want me to explain it to you more clearly??

K-ville
05-18-2009, 09:59 AM
LOL.. ohh internet guy getting pissy over here.. Its a damn stop watch how complicated can it be!!?? Its got a START button, it has a STOP button, and it has a RESET button!!!! Want me to explain it to you more clearly??

so hit the restart button so he can make the full pass!

Mufflover
05-18-2009, 10:05 AM

still missing the point, the time that YOU push the buttons to start and stop are not figured into the et. and how does anyone know when it trips the beams to start and stop?

doesnt matter i guess since you are the brightest person on here, sorry I am not as smart and tough as you scott.

Scott
05-18-2009, 10:55 AM
I understand what your saying but I would rather make fun of you.. and stopwatchs are fairly accurate, shouldnt be off by more than a couple tenths unless you suck at pushing buttons. Either way Torreys car is getting pretty close to figured out it looks like, and you will see plenty of 7 second runs out of it Im sure. I believe he has trapped OVER 180mph with that car last year and been in the 7's already.

FiFdYnUtZ
05-18-2009, 11:13 AM
yeah the tenth of a second it takes to react to the car moving can be given as a cushion when using a stopwatch...although you can just pull back the video with good software and see exactly when it starts moving and exactly when the time comes up on the board to get a more accurate reading...but we wouldnt need to do that if people would just man up and post slips...

Jappbox
05-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Im waiting for Derek to talk shit about it breaking...BAHAHA

Looks like its going to fly this year.

Urban Legend
05-20-2009, 11:22 PM
The guy does have more 8 sec time slips than this whole board combine, must be rough
Does your plate mean UW I LOSE

Mufflover
05-21-2009, 09:28 AM
The guy does have more 8 sec time slips than this whole board combine, must be rough

who cares about a drag car..

FiFdYnUtZ
05-21-2009, 11:08 AM
that car is just as much of a street car as most of the 8-9sec cars around...

Mufflover
05-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Go spank your little dong.

Urban Legend
05-21-2009, 11:00 PM

UM pretty much everyone in town

69gt4speed
05-22-2009, 01:55 AM

I thought you liked your mopar station wagon at one time? What happened? Had to sell the b2 engine and or wagon? That sucks... Now ur hate'n on most anything even ppl.. If not interested why even bother posting here? Though I have a slow turd I don't hate fast cars or ppl. Ask anyone... Life is too short, trust me...

69gt4speed
05-22-2009, 02:07 AM
Btw for the record Joe's gn was running etc. thursday for the car show at duffys. Lot of nice cars showed up. First and prob last time I'll show up cause I work 2nd's. I esp liked the real rally subaru only Ken Block was missing.

FiFdYnUtZ
05-22-2009, 11:17 AM
lol nice response muff...very creative!...NOT!, you fucking wank...go get your junk running so we can all walk all over your ass..

Urban Legend
05-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Btw for the record Joe's gn was running etc. thursday for the car show at duffys. Lot of nice cars showed up. First and prob last time I'll show up cause I work 2nd's. I esp liked the real rally subaru only Ken Block was missing.

I forgot I saw Joes gn delivering a pizza last sunday. He wanted to race but I didn't have my matched tires on