PDA

View Full Version : Scotty's new intake gains over 5 mph in 1/4

69gt4speed
05-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi 8's have to be in store for Scotty, doing a little testing on motor it gained over 5 mph in the 1/4. Imo that's a lot for a intake, should add up a lil more on the spray. I'm not giving exact # either. Pretty good so far for the lil fox body. :supz: Oh yea he won too the other night, did good off the line...

FiFdYnUtZ
05-11-2009, 08:48 PM
nice gains!

K-ville
05-12-2009, 06:19 AM
it is crazy what one little thing will do for a motor one time then sometimes you to a bunch of crap and get nothin

69gt4speed
05-12-2009, 12:25 PM
That's for sure, I've put on xxx whizbang stuff many times after a mag said to and gained nothing besides a hole in my pocket.

Scott
05-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah it is really strange how that can work sometimes.. Seems like everytime I upgrade something it is offset with somthing else, like put in a solid roller cam but I also got a aftermarket block so the weight change offset that.. LOL the funny thing is when I was 18 the car ran 10.8's on motor and now Im 25 and it only runs 10.3 on motor!! All the same upper end and rotating assembly though with exception of the intake. Id say Im getting my moneys worth outta them puppies. I hope to get the car in the 8's this year, Im going to wait till after Pinks All Out then open up the bottles and see what happens. I raced someone from this board I think with a fox body the first round at CFR, it was a clean white notch with orange racing strips on it, his car was faster with 10.2x and I was running 10.4x just happened to get good enough reaction time to stay ahead of him but it was DAM close at the strip, I think .04 was the margin of victory there, his car runs dam good I give him props. Thanks for the thread Rob

69gt4speed
06-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Well the spray runs came down and the 5mph extra was good for the 8's... looks like the lil fox body that could. Scotty does good in round and round, the drag strip, how fast is that pontoon boat jr?

Scott
06-19-2009, 07:21 AM
LOL its funny you mention that.. I have been thinking of selling "one" of my modifieds to my bro and possibly getting a boat!! After a few years of living/doing nothing but racing it makes me think I might be missing out on something... Anyway that intake definetly picked it up, the little heads are running out of breath on the top end only trapping 153.95 with a 8.86, there is definetly something holding it back on the top end, the 1/8th mph was increased more than the 1/4 mph!!!

69gt4speed
06-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Well I have a idea I'll see about borrowing that 15# nano thing. Ur tank getting really cold pressure dropping could be? Now Idk but mine gets fairly cold and pressure drops. It's a idea. I believe the guy has 2 10# and a 15# setup.