PDA

View Full Version : Went to Cedar falls raceway, did ok....

TbTalon94
05-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Was a pretty good night, not many people were there. The Tower lane seemed real shitty, i kept getting real bad wheel hop in that lane and spinning my tires pretty good. My car was running pretty good but I was having problems, like not being able to hold over 22psi. The best 60ft I could manage was a 1.8, which is OK but should be going faster. ANYways here is a video of one of the better runs I had. Yes it looks slow, but hey i've just got bolt ons and having problems lol. Ah well i had fun.

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g49/T ... 113run.flv (http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g49/Tbtalon94/?action=view&current=125113run.flv)

Luminatorz34
05-02-2009, 11:49 AM
looks pretty good Trevor..keep it up man...what was your times for the vid here? still looks pretty quick

Ricky
05-02-2009, 01:54 PM
i think he told me 12.5 but not positive on that

McKeever
05-02-2009, 05:16 PM
What's your trap speed on that pass? Looks like it's around 108mph?

TbTalon94
05-02-2009, 05:51 PM
113 on that pass. 12.5 was the time. 1.86 60ft. It's weird though cuz my logs read around 119-120mph but my traps were 112-113. Idk if my VSS is off or their timer was a bit off.

oVa-Boost
05-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Not bad... your evo look pretty bad ass

Drifte
05-03-2009, 07:52 AM
track timer is very accurate. I'll ask today how accurate it is with MPH. Track is improving everyday, if you can; get in behind a slick tire car. Theirs a very quick white camaro around here running 12.5's all day. I'd love to see you line up with him at the track.

TbTalon94
05-03-2009, 10:59 AM
I probably won't be going back to the track until i fix a few things. I have a boost leak at my turbo outlet I really need to fix. It DUMPS boost out at around 20psi...may be way i can't hold more then 22psi of boost. Gotta also figure out if my wide band is being accurate, but i'm pretty sure it is...so that means I need to figure out my fuel problem lol. Ah never ending battle.

krustindumm
05-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Your loger is storing your instantaneous 1/4 mile trap speed. The track is calculating your speed from the time it takes to travel the last 60ft. Your loger should always read higher.

TbTalon94
05-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Your loger is storing your instantaneous 1/4 mile trap speed. The track is calculating your speed from the time it takes to travel the last 60ft. Your loger should always read higher.

Makes sense I guess, plus I don't know exactly where i let off. Could have been a little after the sensor on the track.

Domestic Disturbance
05-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Why'd you let off? How were peope hooking there? Pretty sticky? Haven't been there in a few years and I hear it's gotten much better. Trying to decide between CRF or tristate for this early

JacobS
05-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Why'd you let off? How were peope hooking there? Pretty sticky? Haven't been there in a few years and I hear it's gotten much better. Trying to decide between CRF or tristate for this early

tristates ok, still needs a little more rubber to be up to par, but CF is definetly a good track. you should go to the all night street drags next weekend.

Drifte
05-04-2009, 12:09 PM
^ track will not be at its best on those street drag nights. Best time to go was probably last weekend. Perfect temperature etc. By night time probably end up with moisture on the track. Theirs test and tune runs basically every weekend, thats a great time to go when the slick tire cars are laying down some rubber.

by let off he meant once he was through the sensor.

TbTalon94
05-04-2009, 12:09 PM

I meant letting off after the 1/4mile mark. I don't really know how long I stayed in it after, so that would mean my mph in AEM was higher then the actual 1/4 pass.

The far lane (from tower) was pretty good. I didn't slip near as much there and the slick tired guys seemed to be doing well on that side as well. Saw atleast 6 guys get the front tires off the ground.

I've had better luck at tri-state when it comes to traction though. Got my best 60ft times there, and saw some of the local guys run their fastests times there.

Scott
05-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah tristate actually scraped the rubber off the track before this weekend.. Jess Havlik and Chris ran their best times on sunday so its getting pretty damn good, fast..

DustinsDuster
05-04-2009, 03:28 PM
I've had better luck at tri-state when it comes to traction though. Got my best 60ft times there, and saw some of the local guys run their fastests times there.

i must be the only person who seemed to run better at CFR- i swear everyone has problems there...

Drifte
05-04-2009, 03:31 PM
car blew up tower lane sunday (CFR). No oil until after the 1/4. Dumb ass drug oil all the way down and back the return lane when it died. needless to say im really good at sweeping now.

Although my staging partner remembers your car trevor. He reminded me of the Mustang guy racing you and braking.

slow ride
05-04-2009, 05:34 PM
You guys need to quit racing on hard sidewall street tires. Biggest cause of broken parts on a manual trans car. I've cut a 1.59 with shit H rated tires at 20psi in your power range. Hard to fit 16's or smaller with the stock brakes though. Need a little dry scrub to get the rocks off though.

Domestic Disturbance
05-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Ya last time I was at CFR I was spinning hard, and breaking loose in second. Was on street tires, but still didn't like it. It was a night drags deal, and usually theres someone who drags their junk down the track and liters it with crap.

slow ride
05-04-2009, 08:16 PM
AWD is different though. Something needs to slip a little to get rolling as the car doesn't pull well from low rpm. Clutch, tires, etc. Hard sticky street tries tend to bog the car down if the clutch is to fast and if they spin they tend to wheel hop. I would spin out of the whole and never broke a single part on the car the year it was running well.

TbTalon94
05-05-2009, 10:54 AM
My tires aren't anything special, and they are pretty soft i guess. I just lowered my 2-step and the hopping stopped. It was all good from there.

Mufflover
05-05-2009, 12:40 PM
congrats, sounds like your getting it dialed in.