PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my AEM wideband

04-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Well I have it all hooked up but it only reads --- in the digital readout and full rich on the sweeping part.

I have the red wire tapped into the radio power and used a body ground.

I capped the blue and white wires but I found a link on tuners saying
-WHITE(Analog Output) Connects to any auxiliary unit with a 0-5v input.

what the hell is that? What is a 0-5 v input? is that my whole problem?

thanks fellas

Jappbox
04-26-2009, 09:19 AM
With the sensor unpluged, it should read 14.7 You may have to get a better power or ground spot. The white wire is for loging for tuning software and so on.. Blue wire Ive never used. With the car off and everything pluged in you will see ---- and it on the "Red" bars. Showing "lean"

Drifte
04-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Make sure blue and white are NOT contacting each other. Let the car warm up too. It should give you a start up sequence with the car on but not running. If its not running through any start up things, something may be wrong with it. Actually sounds like your not plugged into your 02 sensor, check those connections.

04-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Here is a video to help you guys understand whats going on.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/PIMking/th_TalonAEMproblem002.jpg (http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/PIMking/?action=view&current=TalonAEMproblem002.flv)

Thanks for the help

Ricky
04-27-2009, 11:46 AM
based on that i would say its not hooked up. It has power and ground (or it wouldnt work) i would the wires on the O2 sensor and on the back of the gage.

04-27-2009, 07:33 PM
well I contacted AEM they told me that even if the sensor wasn't hooked up it would read default 14.7. They told me to check the white wire from sensor to see if its reading any volts.

I think I got a dud. Damn it, I think I might see what I can get one for from importevolution since they are only a quick hour away from me maybe save some money on shipping

Drifte
04-27-2009, 08:15 PM
^ good idea. ...wait, is this Eric? Am I just now making this connection...?!

04-27-2009, 09:10 PM
My name is Ian, I dont kow Eric, I dont know what the guys name was.

Ricky
04-28-2009, 09:22 AM
What are you talking about Colton?

So they are saying that even if it is not hooked up to the O2 sensor it, the gauge will read 14.7? If you know the volt rang for the white wire try putting a AA battery or something on the wire to "simulate" a voltage it would see. if you still have nothing then i would say your gauge is toast.

Drifte
04-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Just checking, ignore my post.

Jappbox
04-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Yes Like I said if you unplug the gauge from the sensor itself, it should read 14.7.... Thats how us AEM EMS guys setup up the same gains in the computer with the gauge.. If it dont do that then there is a problem with it all together.