PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Woessss

s13kid
04-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Well here is my story. I lowered my car long ago, recently i got new wheels so i had to tuck my wiring harness so i wouldn't rub. Well ever since then I have slowly had more and more electrical problems.

It started with my gauges jumping around and flashing. Now my blinkers just make a buzzing noise, power windows will do the same from time to time. My gauges seem to work sometimes and sometimes they will just spike randomly. Just the other day my head lights stopped going down.

My wheel rubbed my harness just a hair at the auto cross. 1 wire is exposed but That was it. The other side has no wires exposed yet, it seems to continuously get worse.

I have my dash out and then I realized woah wtf I donno anything about wiring.

Im looking for someone who knows there shit to help me out. I have a chiltons manual with most of the wiring diagrams.

Anyone experienced who thinks they can help let me know and shoot me an offer of some kind. Other wise I'll probably be going to Auto Electric next week.

ia240drifter
04-13-2009, 01:53 PM
ill bet me and davy could take a look at it. we have had a few 240 body harnesses and engine harnesses torn apart and put back together. we might be able to atleast send you in the right direction

s13kid
04-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Yah let me know, Its in my garage taken apart right now but if you guys have time to come fuck with it your more then welcome.

I have limited experience reading wiring diagrams but the only thing I see all of these having in common is they run out of the same fuse box, At least I think its the same fuse box. Im not sure. Just let me know if you guys have some time to take a look at it before next week.

s13kid
04-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Someone on clubfr told me to check the chassis ground. And from whats going on that seems like it could do it. Im hoping for the best, i'm gonna go down there wednesday and check it out

Ricky
04-13-2009, 09:23 PM
yeah it sounds like a lose ground to me... check your negative battery terminal first...

s13kid
04-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Grounds are good. But one of these Huge Relay's going to the fuse box under the dash is bad. Its a 20$ relay wtf. Im hoping that is the issue.

Drifte
04-16-2009, 12:13 PM
sounds like some grounding issues is all. A bad relay will cause a few things to stop working usually, so that could be part of it. Just make sure you have grounds from engine to chassis.

krustindumm
04-16-2009, 07:17 PM
I do electrical diag and could take a look at it.

s13kid
04-17-2009, 12:21 AM
Yah, Im borrowing an accessory relay from Clayton, if that doesn't do it than any help would be appriciated.

s13kid
04-17-2009, 12:13 PM
All my attempts have failed. I'll be making an appointment with auto electric soon unless someone wants to take a look at it.

Sometimes everything works fine. The rest of the time my temp guage is nuts. My power windows only work when my car is driving at about 4k rpms. Blinkers only work from time to time.

Using my hazards or windows when not reving will result in a crazy ass buzzing noise under my dash.