PDA

View Full Version : Local Business' to avoid

Drifte
03-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Heres a thread where you can vent or warn others about where maybe NOT to go. I know of two transmission shops to avoid now. AMMCO and Kevins. Let me tell you a little about Kevins.

I took them my transmission in January in need of a rebuild due to bearing failure. After a week or so they inform me of whats wrong and the cost: $1,100. I say ok, lets do it and get it done. I was hesitant as it would only be an oem type rebuild, but I went this route to save time and a little money. Every week I would hear oh it should be done by wednesday...

{Yesterday was the first time since January that my car has had a proper working transmission installed. }

It took 6 weeks for them to put the new parts on. Once they had my trans apart they knew they had me by the throat and could do whatever they liked. I did finally recieve the transmission back last friday and installed it saturday only to find it leaks. I took the car into him per his request (on monday not open weekends) and they got it done yesterday. My brother had to run to O'reilly to get the fluid because in taking the case off most of the transmission fluid leaked out. I had been told it would be taken care of Tuesday but just in case I dropped the car off Monday. It of course wasnt completed until thursday...

Today:

I called Kevin, he had to call back. He calls, I inform him the transmission is working fine but I hoped to bring the reciept in for the fluid so that I could be reimbursed. (uh oh)

Kevin goes on a rant here about me being Petty and how he could have made me take the transmission out to repair that leak on the front case. And how he charged be a lot of money for the rebuild.

I dont really get his point but you have been warned. I will be stopping by his place of business monday after I've cooled down and getting my $16 back. I think I'm most frustrated because I was so nice to him this whole time, and any time someone has asked me where to go for trans work I tell them Kevins.

well no more.

Kevins Transmission on 16th ave :Hangman: .

NewSpeedSteed
03-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Sorry for the bad luck. My family (including myself) have always had good luck with Kevins, granted I haven't taken anything there in around 3 years maybe the service has gone down hill since then.

Drifte
03-27-2009, 03:45 PM
I had good luck previously also. But now I'm mad, and he called me petty.

JustinS
03-27-2009, 10:08 PM
fuck him

Ricky
03-28-2009, 12:11 AM
fuck him hard

Mufflover
03-28-2009, 08:06 AM
fuck him hard

you'd love that wouldnt you?

ZEE
03-28-2009, 09:41 AM
I think even if you've had good business with him in the past. That's no reason for him to call a customer petty because you wanted reimbursed for fluids that shouldn't have leaked in the first place. I'd be pissed to. Screw him.

krustindumm
03-28-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm going to go in on Monday. We'll see what happens.

69gt4speed
03-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Fluid leaking after a repair, then his warranty issue imo.

lil krumm
03-28-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm going to go in on Monday. We'll see what happens.

ASSHOLE! i fucking asked you to come in Thursday when i got it so we could take care of it.

sLoWnStEaDy
03-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Kevin is a decent guy... I have dealt with him a few times.

as for AAMCO, I worked there and can say for sure AVOID that place!!

Drifte
04-01-2009, 09:10 AM
^ I have known Kevin for years. I first worked with him because Chuck Hining suggested it. Well its not working anymore. I probably told most around here to go their. Think back, I may have been the one that suggested Kevins in the first place.

..I take it back.