PDA

View Full Version : 7 sec gt500

Domestic Disturbance
03-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Don't know how new this is, but this thing hauls ass. Would like to see something like this in Drag Week. Besides NMRA events, is there really anything else holding back this car or other cobras/gt500's from drag week? Thats one big surprise I've had not seeing more of them in it.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Firs ... 642954.htm (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/First-2007-Shelby-GT500_642954.htm)

snickerlicker
03-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Can you say mod motor ftw again! I can....

NewSpeedSteed
03-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Funny, you always hear that the new gen mustangs (05+) weigh to much (granted they do) and everyone says that Ford needs to cut the weight down but maybe they should just bump up the power.

69gt4speed
03-26-2009, 06:18 PM
I really like the weight reduction idea, look how almo and others run w weight reductions, plus mileage increase and less part breakage. More power is easily had, why they say dyno queens for a 03. I just know if my 03 was at 3100# it would really improve, besides the driver of course... btw the s/susp chrome caster camber plates on the way...I like the way they look construction wise. I'll put up a pic later.

Scott
03-27-2009, 07:39 AM
Woww, there does seem to be alot more of those mod-motors popping up lately and running fast. Most of them still seem to be shop cars but as the cars get cheaper I bet they will get more popular. As far as dragweek goes the only mod motor I have seen was in a GT and there was a pro-charged 05 mustang 3v motor is all I can remember. I know someday when I get rid of a couple stock cars Im gonna build up a turbo kit for my mod motor, they seem virtually indestructible for a stock motor..

Domestic Disturbance
03-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Funny, you always hear that the new gen mustangs (05+) weigh to much (granted they do) and everyone says that Ford needs to cut the weight down but maybe they should just bump up the power.

I think thats what they've been trying to do, compensating with more and more power. I think there's a point where its still much easier to cut weight. Good example is Super Snakes, which even with their retarded amount of HP don't impress, cause they are bricks. I'm sure that gt500 has lost a few pounds.