PDA

View Full Version : What I do for a Living...

Jappbox
03-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Some of you might wonder were i get money, or that I get it "from my dad" well to you that dont know me very well, Here is my post to maybe earn some of your respect. I have worked very hard my whole life, being the 3rd generation carpenter, since I could walk I have had a hammer in my hand doing new construction, remodels, cement work, roofing, plumbing, even some electrical. and for the last 6 years I have been full time doing Weatherization. Yes I work with my dad as he was not only my dad, but the best teacher.

So what is weatherization??

Anything do do with heat/cooling loss in a house.

Windows
doors
weatherstriping
cracks in foudation
attic insulation
Wall insulation
Crawl spaces

Whats my job??

I work for Governmen Funded Agencies that help the low income that qualify for assistance to help with heat/cooling bills.

My part is to go and do work order and weatherize the home. After witch gets a final inspection, and possibly a State inspection.

Funded Agencies?

Some of you might know the Cedar Rapids agency known as "HACAP" or "hawkye area comunity action program" thats one of about 12 agencies across the state. Each Agency does so many "countys" Last year We did jobs for 5 agencie across the state. including:

Cedar rapids
Waterloo
Lemars/sioux city
Davenport
Desmoines

In six years we have had only 1 state falled inspection. No other contractor has that few.

here is link to the Iowa Weatherization program and a little info on how many homes were done, Every home done saves energy!!! making the world Greener as they say!

http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/weatheriza ... te_abbr=IA (http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/weatherization/state_activities_detail.cfm/state_abbr=IA)

96-eclipse-gst
03-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Jesse, I just want to say. You owe NO ONE an explanation. Those who do not respect you, simply don't matter. Anyone who knows you, also knows you are an absolute stand up guy. I know I can speak for my cousin, Trevor, when I say that both he and I would stand behind you through thick and thin. As well as many people on this forum. Anyone who shit talks or complains how someone having something and not them. Still has alot of growing up to do.

Also it shows how much of a stand up guy you are. When you even take the time to promote a program that helps others.

K-ville
03-18-2009, 07:19 PM
i still think your a d-bag

:whip:

:yawinkle:

DustinsDuster
03-18-2009, 08:27 PM
i'll admit i didnt know what to expect before i met you- there were so many kids running around and talking you up to everyone, i didnt know what to think. but now that ive hung out around you more than a few times, i happy to report that youve always struck me as a good guy. i guess when you have a high profile car, kids come out of the woodwork to form followings behind it, hah.

JacobS
03-18-2009, 09:50 PM
what andrew said pretty much hit the nail on the head. anyone who says "o man jesse just got money from his dad" is jealous that they cant have nice things.

keep doing what youre doing

FiFdYnUtZ
03-18-2009, 10:28 PM
yeah i have had respect for you from day one, i know how hard you work and what kind of passion you truly have for cars...

Xboosted23X
03-18-2009, 10:29 PM
i thought you did landscaping

Jappbox
03-19-2009, 06:22 AM
^ LOL - just fixing previous owners mistakes lol

slobalt
03-19-2009, 09:53 AM
weatherization, I remember Pres. Obama mentioning that in his stimulus speeches. Soon you'll need to train and hire more people

Mufflover
03-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Who cares what everyone thinks! I could care less that most people think I only have a huffy.lol

Jappbox
03-19-2009, 01:49 PM
weatherization, I remember Pres. Obama mentioning that in his stimulus speeches. Soon you'll need to train and hire more people

Yes in the process of that, Going 100% on my own...but its a slow process, and alot of headaces

JacobS
03-19-2009, 03:31 PM
i need a job :) hahaha juuuust kidding

ZacFields
03-19-2009, 04:28 PM
^ lol no you're not.

Jesse I will have to give you a call sometime. I just got through having a $6,600 HVAC system installed in my home (replacing a 30 year old unit), otherwise I'd be giving you a call this year. I'm pretty hardcore about being more efficient, especially since Alliant has said they are planning to raise prices by 18% this year. I just like to nickel and dime my energy bills down from month-to-month without actually bumping the thermostat down to 60 degrees and sitting in the dark all the time.