PDA

View Full Version : Ever had a Guber-Burger?

ZacFields
03-15-2009, 02:10 PM
So when Ashley and I were in Sedalia, Missouri there was a restaurant in their town called Wheel-Inn Drive In. We didn't get a chance to try it out, but we heard from the locals that they make a special burger called the Guber (or "Goober") Burger.

The special ingredient in these burgers? PEANUT BUTTER!

On first impression, it sounds disgusting. I agree, because that's the first thing I thought when I first heard about it. But if I can stand to, I like to try every weird thing I hear about. Last night, I got online and searched for a few recipes. Here is what you're looking at:

- Burger (make your own, or use a pre-packaged frozen one. No diff)
- peanut butter
- buns

Pretty simple. I also read another recipe that insisted that you put mayonnaise on the top bun and a slice of cheese on top of the peanut butter. My understanding is that the actual restaurant, Wheel-Inn Drive Inn, makes their guber burger both ways. Sometimes even with lettuce and tomato.

To my surprise... it's actually freaking awesome! I can't even really describe it, other than to say that it's definitely worth trying. You'd be surprised how well the peanut butter and beef actually mix.

Give it a try. Here is a picture I found on the internet of an actual (plain) guber burger!

http://gothamist.com/attachments/tien/2007_07_qbqbbqgoober.jpg

Ashley
03-15-2009, 02:52 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1350/1094337340_b2c2565ae4.jpg?v=0

guber burger with all the normal toppings. :)

i will say - i'm an extremely picky eater, and i tried one that zac made at home last night, and it was quite good.

Luminatorz34
03-15-2009, 07:51 PM
so lemme get this straight...normal hamburger as far as prepping correct? then just a layer of peanut butter as an actual condiment?

ZacFields
03-15-2009, 08:43 PM
That's it. Slab some peanut butter on that hamburger and you've got yourself a guber burger.

JacobS
03-15-2009, 10:11 PM
weird...i might have to try this...

ZacFields
03-15-2009, 11:02 PM
If you're the type that likes to try new and interesting things, it's definitely worth doing. I have this weird obsession with food that is different. I guess that's why I get these weird cravings for raw fish (sushi) just about every single day. I'd eat sushi for every meal if I could.

This is one of those things that you're glad you tried in the end.

s13kid
03-15-2009, 11:14 PM
I might go to chili's soon. I'll ask if they can slap some peanut butter on my burger.

s13kid
03-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Tried it tonight, I didnt have enough penut butter to get the full effect but from what i had it tasted pretty good. I'll probably do it again next time.

Domestic Disturbance
03-17-2009, 07:08 AM
uh, I'm a fat kid and that doesn't look remotely good. I think I would have to be drunk to try that... thing.

DJ0820
03-17-2009, 06:19 PM
bacon > peanut butter