PDA

View Full Version : UPS FTW Yet Again (updated install pics)

NewSpeedSteed
03-09-2009, 05:31 PM
So the time has come to put more parts on my car that I don't really need but it makes me feel better about myself... or something I don't know.
I know that I haven't posted up pics of my new wheels and tires that I got last fall but that's because there still in my basement. I planed on using one of biohazard's parent's shops but it decided to snow that day and it ended up being substantial so the rear end never got 'built' (31 spline mosers and 31 spline trac-loc differential) either :mad:
I had originally planned on reworking my suspension and brakes but I ended up not having the funds that I expected and settled on just a few pieces I had planned on.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3634/3341860493_441132b1a9.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3564/3341923403_8c66595173.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3589/3342695484_7362fcb4d8.jpg?v=0

What I ordered:
13" front and 11.65" rear Stang Suspension drilled/slotted & zinc plated (rust proof) rotors
Stang Suspension front SS Brake lines (13" rotor pictured with ss lines)
Hawk HPS brake pads- almost bought HP pads but feared they would dust too much
Motive Master Bearing Kit (will probably upgrade gears when I upgrade transmission)
GMS 79-09 8.8 Rear End Differential Cover- features fill and drain plugs and improves rear end life. (pictured with motive bearing kit)
Steeda Full Length Subframe Connectors- not pictured but I'm sure everyone has an idea of what they look like.

Thanks for looking, opinions and comments are appreciated!

Installation wasn't bad- we had the driver side banjo bolt snap on us but luckily the local Napa store had one that works fine, also had a leak on the drivers side that I discovered the following day AFTER driving home from Ames (yeah I drove 120mi total with a brake leaking scary shit) in our defence we bleed em and checked our work over several times and didn't find any leaks. The culprit was later found to be the drivers side dark bronze nut and the factory rubber brake hose not being seated right which didn't allow the nut to be tightend as much as it should have been.
Thanks to:
"DSM" Dustin, Biohazard and Honda of Ames (we borrowed their shop for the install).

Drifte
03-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Nice and thorough again. Gotta be able to stop.

JacobS
03-12-2009, 12:57 AM
i like your thinking! good stuff...

biohazard
03-17-2009, 05:22 PM
You really should have brought your camera Nate. You need to take a picture of it on the ground, those pics really don't do it justice.

NewSpeedSteed
03-17-2009, 05:43 PM
I know, I remembered it when I was pulling into your apartment complex lol. I'll get some pics this weekend hopefully, if nothing else I'll have to take pics when I put the new wheels and tires on for sure.

biohazard
03-17-2009, 05:54 PM
We will have to cruise this weekend, I will have to cruise atleast once before I go to Basic. I'll steal Barb's camera so we both can get some kick ass pictures.

McKeever
03-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Looks a lot better!
Can I have your old rotors? I'm working on a rear disc brake set up on my truck and I need some rotors for mock up.

NewSpeedSteed
03-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Looks a lot better!
Can I have your old rotors? I'm working on a rear disc brake set up on my truck and I need some rotors for mock up.

Give me a week or two of driving on the new ones to see if there gonna work for me and everything and then yeah I don't mind. The car only has 13k miles so everything is close to new so I'm sure it'd work for what you need it for.