PDA

View Full Version : Not Losing License

Clinical
03-06-2009, 03:56 PM
As a lot of you probably remember my post about my ticket, I got caught doing 115 in a 40, and got it knocked down to 90 in a 40.

I was assured by many people I'd be losing my license - as anything over 49 is subject to a year license.

Well, I payed my fine and didn't go to court.

Now today I check my court record and it says I payed a $182 ticket for being 23 over in a 40.

I never had heard of them knocking tickets down like that in a case where I basically plead guilty and sent the money in, is this common? I can't think of what would cause it unless its cause my record was 100% clean up to this point - and maybe I had a judge who LOVES mustangs.

Just wondering if anyone else has experience with an occurence like this before?

69gt4speed
03-06-2009, 05:05 PM
I'd wait a while and hope the dot doesn't send a letter. They are the bad guys. Nothing shows up within a month or 2 should be good.

My son in law got busted for not wearing his glasses he paid a 20 something fine admitting the charge. 2 months later a Dot letter suspends his license.... fine print if you needed glasses to pass vision test you need them to drive if caught bad sh-t happens. They can't assume you barely need glasses.... sr-22 etc. etc.

Clinical
03-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Well the law iirc is 29 or over you are subject to losing up to 2 months.

49 or over you are subject to 1 year.

Mine was 50 over.

However my court records show 23 over.

I know that the level of severity of the offense goes up at 24 over, again at 29 over, and again at 49 over.

So, I'm not sure what to make of this.
I'm pretty shocked and happy of course :P

ZacFields
03-06-2009, 11:37 PM
You should be all right. It looks to me like someone took it easy on you and gave you a mulligan on this one. But like Rob said, let's wait to make sure you don't receive something in the mail from the DOT telling you that your license is suspended.

As long as you learned something from the situation, the system worked. I was pulled over once for going like 28 over after I dropped Ashley home from Prom in my senior year. The cop bumped it down to like 15 over and told me that if he gave me the ticket for 28 over, i'd lose my license. At the time, he told me that 25 over was grounds to lose my license.

But you know... I never got pulled over for going that fast again :)

69gt4speed
03-06-2009, 11:50 PM
I guess I should say wait on a car purchase if you can. If dot sends bad news and if sr22 is ur only option insurance could/will be high. Having some hi powered hi insurance car could make it not affordable. Good luck man. I'm no better than u, I like cars a lot. Anyone that has a hi powered car it's very tempting w someone giving u sh-t or just razzing a bit to open it up a bit. Hmmm.. simulating a drag race....reckless driving, they can be azzes.

Clinical
03-07-2009, 02:19 AM
The funny thing about the situation is the cop also gave me some of that information with those words about "I know it's tempting have a high powered car like this."

I wanted to say "Hell yeah, six cylinders of pure awesome, 190 horses of raw kickass"

Jokes aside though, I'll just wait and see what happens, either way I'm going to hope for the best :)

Mufflover
03-07-2009, 08:07 AM
I'd wait a while and hope the dot doesn't send a letter. They are the bad guys. Nothing shows up within a month or 2 should be good.

My son in law got busted for not wearing his glasses he paid a 20 something fine admitting the charge. 2 months later a Dot letter suspends his license.... fine print if you needed glasses to pass vision test you need them to drive if caught bad sh-t happens. They can't assume you barely need glasses.... sr-22 etc. etc.

How are they bad guys? You broke the law got caught and not have to suffer the penaltys plain n simple. Dont hate on them for doing there job, be glad you didnt hurt anyone elses when you where doing something stupid.

DustinsDuster
03-07-2009, 08:37 AM
how are the Shiite Muslims the bad guys? just because they're killing our fellow countrymen? we just shouldnt be there, right? its the soldier's fault for being stupid, right? after all, theyre just doing their job. right?

good and bad are simply points of view.

Mufflover
03-07-2009, 08:51 AM
how are the Shiite Muslims the bad guys? just because they're killing our fellow countrymen? we just shouldnt be there, right? its the soldier's fault for being stupid, right? after all, theyre just doing their job. right?

good and bad are simply points of view.

How is comparing a war to speeding? Breaking the law is breaking the law, you can sugar coat it all you want but everyone that gets caught always blames the police (even me) just a simple point that they are only doing what they are paid to do protect and serve, I have had some run ins with them and always get pissed off at them then my old man just tells me thats there job if you dont like them then dont brake the law.So please dont twist what I am saying and compare a war with death to speeding.

DustinsDuster
03-07-2009, 09:29 AM
i used the war as another example of "right" and "wrong"; loosley other words for "legal" and "illegal". i actually agree with your point about them just doing their job- just saying i can see why people would use the term "bad guys"- job or not, they can make your life harder.

Drifte
03-07-2009, 12:22 PM
I consider them bad guys after they pull me over for a "tail light" then find out its fine. So they frisk me, put me in their car and search the car I was in. All the while trying to convince me I was drinking. Which so what if I was...Im 21 (obviously not drinking in the car.)?

I wish I had the badge numbers of the cops...which their was 2 of them (2 cars) out in the middle of no where.

z28z34man
03-08-2009, 05:08 PM

i had the same thing happen to me but i fought it and won. I don't have to worry about it for quite some time because this time around i passed there exam.

krustindumm
03-09-2009, 04:28 PM
I consider them bad guys after they pull me over for a "tail light" then find out its fine. So they frisk me, put me in their car and search the car I was in. All the while trying to convince me I was drinking. Which so what if I was...Im 21 (obviously not drinking in the car.)?

I wish I had the badge numbers of the cops...which their was 2 of them (2 cars) out in the middle of no where.

werd. it might be a shitty car, but my lights work.