PDA

View Full Version : Got one more car! Any sponsors interested?

Scott
03-02-2009, 11:57 AM
I am purchasing one more circle track car now. So now I have 2 Sport modified race cars, this one is more of a purpose built asphalt car I am purchasing just for racing at hawkeye downs with hopes of moving up to the half mile modified class maybe next year. The orignal 6s car will now remain a dirt track car for Vinton and Independance Raceway. I am trying to find sponsors who would be interested in having their name on both cars and/or on the trailer. So now I have my 90 fox body, 2003 cobra, 1994 mustang "daily driver" and my Buick grandpa daily driver, then the 2 modifieds.. So if anyone or any business's out there looking for some advertising let me know. :supz:

DustinsDuster
03-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Scott, you make me feel great about owning 'only' 4 cars...

CiViC-Wanted
03-02-2009, 09:57 PM
You will love dirt.

CiViC-Wanted
03-02-2009, 09:58 PM
If anyone wants to join Scott, the guy I help is selling his 2002 SportMod as a Roller.

Scott
03-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Yeah the dirt racing is freaking craziness, I went out to vinton 3 times last year and honestly have to say that is the funnest thing I have done behind the wheel of a car!!! Had one top ten finish and a 4th place finish, the other day I had a flat and ended up a lap down. I cant wait to get back out there again Im getting bored in the winter time.

Mufflover
03-03-2009, 08:33 AM
In these days and times how would anyone be interested in throwing money away to sponser a dirt car? It to me is just not a very good invesment, oh boy I get my name on your car and tralior, so what. just my 3 cents

Scott
03-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the help!! It would be appreciated to keep your trash talk in the trash forum

Mufflover
03-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the help!! It would be appreciated to keep your trash talk in the trash forum

Its not trash talk, its not against you I am just stating my opinion, sorry if the facts hurt your feelings,

Ninesecsnake
03-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Its talk like that that keeps people from spending money. If the news would shut up everything would go back to normal. To make the system work people NEED to spend money. FYI

Mufflover
03-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Its talk like that that keeps people from spending money. If the news would shut up everything would go back to normal. To make the system work people NEED to spend money. FYI

I totally agree with you, but reading his post braging about all the cars he owns but needs money for sponsers to go racing makes it seem pretty funny. I got a idea sell one of your 6 cars and use that money towards your race team.

Scott
03-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Actaully that is what I am doing thanks for the advice though, if you visit the for sale section I have a 94 GT for sale if anyone is interested in that as well. The sponsorship is cheap advertisement I almost laugh when you think I am going to make alot of money from them. It might partially pay for tires for one race day!! Its more or less doing small business a favor to help get their name out there. When the picture of the car is on the front page of the sports section lots of people see it. Or on national TV during pinks all-out coverage, if you compare to the cost of the radio or any bulletin advertisements its very cheap.

FiFdYnUtZ
03-04-2009, 10:39 AM
yeah its just DUMB for companies to sponsor motorsports, what were they thinking?!? *rolls eyes*

Mufflover
03-04-2009, 10:53 AM
yeah its just DUMB for companies to sponsor motorsports, what were they thinking?!? *rolls eyes*

really big companies used that as a partial right off,around here I was saying good luck finding a big sponsers that needs that.

Fifdy you should sponser him with your big tailighting business you have..lol your such a puss

FiFdYnUtZ
03-04-2009, 01:11 PM
funny thing is, my taillights have prolly made enough money to gold plate your huffy, fag..

96-eclipse-gst
03-04-2009, 01:37 PM
In these days and times how would anyone be interested in throwing money away to sponser a dirt car? It to me is just not a very good invesment, oh boy I get my name on your car and tralior, so what. just my 3 cents

Keep your three cents, with what you know about business, finance, and advertisement. You might need them.

CiViC-Wanted
03-04-2009, 08:50 PM
There is no possible way the guy I help could get his car on the track without sponsors. He does not ask for alot from them except this year, due to a new car being purcahsed, one person pays for all the tire, and another person pays for the wheels. The parts of a new car really start to add up, I mean you would think you would beable to use the headers from a jet chassis, in a new Victory, but guess what you can't. Sponsors keep this sport going, its not possible for 3/4 of the people to do it by themselves.

Drifte
03-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Whats the cost per square inch of advertising?

Scott
03-05-2009, 08:14 AM
I dont have a square inch cost or anything like that, right now I have 2 sponsors and working on a 3rd sponsor so you get as big of a sticker that will still fit on it!! Mainly roof and front end room right now with parts of the door and quarters still open.

Mufflover
03-05-2009, 08:28 AM
:Hangman:

CiViC-Wanted
03-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Are you going to race just Vinton this year, do they race on saturdays? Need to make it to Boone, and get some good date for Super Nationals. 125+ sportmods last year going for 24 spots, its nutts. Should be quit a bit more this year. Total there was 825 cars at boone that week.

Scott
03-05-2009, 12:54 PM
nah I bought that asphalt car to race at hawkeye downs on friday and some saturday nights. Then at Vinton on sunday with the old dirt bomber. Those super Nats just sound like a huge PITA to me, lots of time and money and lots of crashs from what I hear. Maybe I'll get a wild hair to try it sometime but Im not too excited about it yet.

CiViC-Wanted
03-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Yea there is some crashes but there will always be crashes when 125 guys go for 24 spots. We did very well this year, we lead the field in are heat. Then on the big show saturday we started 2nd row outside, then blew up a clutch. Thing about it is that you gotta remeber you have a 20 lap race, and peoples cars really die off. Money wise yea it gets pricey, just admission, and the price of food it outragous. But you'lll defintally have fun, race for 3 or 4 days straight.