PDA

View Full Version : Anybody interested in a free photoshoot? Details inside!

Silversixspeed
03-01-2009, 05:59 PM
I've been semi-interested in getting into automotive photography, simply taking pictures of beautiful cars, in gorgeous landscapes. I will be building a portfolio over this summer, but need help from some of you guys.

I'm looking for a variety of cars to shoot, classic, muscle, exotic, import, bikes, trucks, etc. Just as long as it's presentable (preferably matching paint, wheels, etc). I can provide a couple previous photos I have taken in the past, to show that I have at least a little talent.

Everything will be free, aside from your time, and your gas money. I'll be more than happy to get prints or posters of your photo's made, your cost of course. At the end of the summer, depending on participation, I'd like to make a calendar for the 2010 year, and the cars that get selected will receive a free one.

Please let me know if you're interested, I'd like to get started as soon as the weather is nice. Spread the word! :)

I will generally be available the following times, beginning March 21, through summer, and ending in the fall, pending weather of course.

Sundays: (all day)
Saturdays: (evenings, possibly all day on occasion)

If you're interested, please post up in this thread, PM me, or call/text me at 952-297-5877.

DustinsDuster
03-01-2009, 06:41 PM
i was planning to work on getting my Sunbeam running this summer, if i can get it going, that could fill your classic european void in the portfolio. we'll see.

ZacFields
03-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Good idea Silverspeed. I'd like to see what I can do to help you. I'll start by making this a global announcement topic.

TbTalon94
03-01-2009, 07:13 PM
I could probably join in. My car is presentable :)

Silversixspeed
03-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Excellent, I'm glad to have a decent amount of interest on this site!

Zac, thanks, it'll really help me spread the word, and get some more exposure. I definitely appreciate it!

TbTalon94, judging by the pic in your sig, I'd say it's definitely presentable. Now lets get some pics of it away from the driveway. :bigthumb:

Dustin, I'd definitely like to have something a bit "different", I'm looking forward to you finishing it up and getting it on the road! :tonqe:

ZacFields
03-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Silver,

I've got some more help coming your way. I am working on the details right now (it will be related to gaining more exposure on the site). This idea fits in with some plans I've had for the forums for a while, so I'd might as well take care of it now.

Silversixspeed
03-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Zac,

Good to hear, let me know if there's anything you need from me. Keep me updated, and thanks again!

By the way, you can call me Chad. :biggrin:

Clinical
03-01-2009, 09:48 PM
As long as the picture doesn't show the single exhaust, my v6 might be considered presentable lol

ZacFields
03-01-2009, 11:59 PM
I've taken this off of announcement status, and added it into our news section. This topic should be displaying on the home page now. Good luck!

Drifte
03-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Good idea, if you need help with anything let me know. Im not sure my car is calendar worthy, but I'd be happy to help with the process.

Silversixspeed
03-02-2009, 05:24 AM
Mamamia - I think we could work around the single exhaust, although I wouldn't be too ashamed of it, unless it hangs out like 4 feet or something. :yawinkle:

Zac - Thanks again!

Drifte - I'm willing to try and make it look as calandar-worthy as possible. Keep in mind, my goal isn't just to make a calendar, it's to gain experience, make some more friends from around here, and just have a good time. I'll let you know if I could use any help with anything as well!

Drifte
03-02-2009, 05:43 AM
what camera and software do you run?

Scott
03-02-2009, 07:09 AM
I would be interested, I dont have any decent pictures of my cars yet. got a nice looking 90 notchback, 03 cobra, and even a couple modified circle track cars for something different.

ZacFields
03-02-2009, 07:54 AM
I believe I've seen Scott's notchback before and that is a badass looking car! (I say I "believe" I've seen it because it seems like Scotty goes through cars like M&Ms!)

Silver: We'll make sure and invite you to any IAF gatherings that we have this summer. I'd really like to try and do a picnic this year since we didn't do one last year. If we do that, I think we'll end up doing it in Cedar Rapids this year rather than Coralville, so the turnout should be pretty decent and there will be lots of cars there and people you can shake hands with.

As far as other help I can give you. If you want something really different, my mom has a 1972 Triumph Spitfire. It's not in pristine condition or anything; in fact I would need to take a look at it again to see if it's picture-worthy, but it's basically a classic British car.

http://www.classic-british-cars.com/gallery/gal01235.jpg

We could work something out this summer I'm sure. My folks might even be interested in purchasing some pictures of my mom with the car (this is the car she learned to drive on when she was 15) if they turn out good.

Ricky
03-02-2009, 10:06 AM
I would be willing to help out. I have a 07 WRX with tasteful mods

FiFdYnUtZ
03-02-2009, 10:47 AM
im absolutely down to get some pics of the ws6...i was considering having professional pics taken anyway! just let me know when and where and i'll be there, i'll detail it up for it too..

Luminatorz34
03-02-2009, 10:56 AM
im always down for more pics...count me in....dunno if my trailer trash maro is worth tho LOL

Silversixspeed
03-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Drifte - I currently have a Nikon Coolpix P80. Not the best by any means, but it should do a decent job. 10.1 megapixels, ISO 6400, and 18X zoom. It's twice as good as the camera I used last year, and even that one worked out pretty well. I have photoshop 6.0 as well, but am still learning with that.

Scott, any of those cars should work, I was just thinking today how cool it'd be to have an actual racecar in some sort of public landscape. Hopefully it wouldn't look "too out of place".

Zac, I'm definitely down for a picnic, we could do some cool group shots as well. It think a Spitfire would add a little variety as well, I almost bought a near-junker one a while back to fix up, but was sold the day before I would have picked it up. I also think it'd be cool to have one with your mom next to it, I did something similar for my high-school senior pictures, with my first car.

Ricky - You're very much invited. Just out of curiousity, what color is it? I'm trying to picture some good scenery for it..

Fifdy - I'm by no means claiming I'm a professional, but I do believe I can take some good looking pictures. I'll post a couple of my previous ones in my first post to give an example of what they'll be.
What year WS6? I LOVE shooting them, they look so good from damn near every angle, it's tough to take a bad shot. And I'd much prefer it good and clean, it'll save me plenty of time. I'll even help if you'd like. :yawinkle:

Scott
03-02-2009, 11:47 AM
what time and where do you want to do this at?

Ricky
03-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Car is pearl white with black wheels.

here is a link to some pics on here.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12591&start=0 (http://www.iowaautoforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12591&start=0)

TbTalon94
03-02-2009, 12:17 PM
I have a Canon EOS Rebel xti, 12.1mp....maybe i'll bring that along for shits and giggles.

FiFdYnUtZ
03-02-2009, 01:07 PM
well my moms a professional automotive detailer so it will look nice, and its a 2000...heres a pic..

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/FiFdYnUtZ/TAproject9003.jpg

slobalt
03-02-2009, 03:21 PM
If you wouldn't mind a stock looking little domestic sport compact. Should be ready in the next couple weeks. Needs a little repair work after I damaged it in Chicago.....

NewSpeedSteed
03-02-2009, 03:49 PM
My car isn't the greatest thing ever but I think its unique... zinc yellow isn't something you see everyday so I'd be down. Car is in my signature so let me know if its something you'd be interested in shooting.

lil krumm
03-02-2009, 05:45 PM
i wish my truck still looked like it did two years ago :'(

Silversixspeed
03-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Scott - This is basically all spring/summer/fall long. I'd either work with everyone individually, or a few at a time, it'd help get more variety and shots for me, but less actual shots for each of you. I've had a couple requests on "group shoots", and that would work out great for me.

Unfortunately the only time I'll really have is on Saturday nights (every 1/3rd I'll have all day), and all Sunday. For a short time during summer, I should have Friday mornings as well. I'll do my best to squeeze everyone in, and work with their schedules.

TbTalon - Feel free to bring it along, it would probably me get some better high-res pics, especially if you'd want a poster or two.

Fifdy - That'll definitely help, and those are such sexy cars. I plan to own one in the next few years.

Slobalt - Yeah, I haven't shot any Cobalts yet, but I'd definitely like to. It'll be a few weeks yet before I'm able to do any shoots, so you have plenty of time to get it fixed up.

Newspeedsteed - Yeah, I think that color yellow would be a real cool contrast to some darker buildings.. Do you have the FR500 wheels already? Those would look killer on your car.

lil krumm - Whats wrong with it? Paint?

NewSpeedSteed
03-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Newspeedsteed - Yeah, I think that color yellow would be a real cool contrast to some darker buildings.. Do you have the FR500 wheels already? Those would look killer on your car.

Yeah I do have the wheels... there just not on the car yet. Should be installing them by the end of March along with the axles and diff; I wanted to put some better looking rotors on there, as well as the axles and diff since I'll be running a sticky tire, before putting the wheels on since the oem rotors aren't too pretty. But this is what the wheels will look like on the car lemme know if it works.

Edit: Sorry the link must have broke before :?
[attachment=0:17l5q8k4]Mach 1 Black FR500.jpg[/attachment:17l5q8k4]

lil krumm
03-02-2009, 07:32 PM
theres a lot wrong with it now, its not pretty at all anymore...

Silversixspeed
03-02-2009, 08:20 PM
NSS - Pic didn't work for me.

lil krumm - Well hurry up and get it fixed up in time for a shoot this summer! :p

Silversixspeed
03-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Added a few pics I've done in the past to the front page, check 'em out!

StreetSweeper
03-02-2009, 09:30 PM
You interested in doing my car? Let me know?

StreetSweeper
03-02-2009, 09:31 PM
or possibly a me, fiddy,olkskool, and a few other F bodys together?

FiFdYnUtZ
03-02-2009, 09:48 PM
yeah that would be sweet ^

ZacFields
03-03-2009, 01:27 AM
Chad. Hope you don't mind but I changed the way your pictures are shown in the first post so that it doesn't stretch the page. Looks good!

Silversixspeed
03-03-2009, 05:08 AM
StreetSweeper - I would have no problem with your car, as I can tell I'm into F-body's myself. And if you guys would wanna join up for a little F-body group session, it'd work out excellent for me. :)

Zac - Yeah, sorry, I didn't think about how it would show on the front page when I posted them. Thanks again!

LayneAlways
03-03-2009, 11:35 PM
1985 Z28 Dark Blue Camaro almost flawless paint :D

Silversixspeed
03-04-2009, 05:16 AM
Yeah, I'm sure I could get you in sometime, as long as it's good and clean! :)

Ricky
03-04-2009, 10:04 AM
when you thinking about doing this and where?

Silversixspeed
03-04-2009, 06:36 PM
The earliest I'll be able to is the 21-22 of March. I'll be (for the most part) available from then, 'till sometime in the fall, on most weekends.

As far as location is concerned, I'll go by owner's preference first, then by whatever places I have scoped out by then. I'll be working on finding as many places in the next month as possible, as well as getting input from local enthusiasts. I personally prefer tops of parking ramps near cool buildings, near old graffiti'd buildings, or old gas stations/etc I'd like to stay within a reasonable driving distance (within about 1 hour of Waterloo/Cedar Falls, if possible.

I can start setting "appointments" in the next couple weeks, pending weather of course. Just pm me, post up on here, or call/text me at the cell phone listed in the first post.

Luminatorz34
03-07-2009, 04:56 PM
or possibly a me, fiddy,olkskool, and a few other F bodys together?

pm me on when your wanting to do this. ill tag along also

Silversixspeed
03-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Yeah, if you guys want, you can try figuring out a time to plan on, and let me know. I personally am a huge F-body fan, so I'd love to do this!

FiFdYnUtZ
03-08-2009, 01:38 AM
yeah im down for whenever..

JacobS
03-12-2009, 12:55 AM
sounds like its time for an IAF get together...i cant help out much with car...but ill probably come anyways because im a photo-whore also haha

Domestic Disturbance
03-14-2009, 11:30 AM
My car looks like balls up close, but i know a group of several cars that would be interested I'm sure. 03 cobra, 88 fox, 63 fairlane, 00 camaro, few lt1's. Just saying...

30lbsboost
03-15-2009, 07:39 AM
I have a few cars, lol
let me know if you want to

Silversixspeed
03-19-2009, 08:35 PM
DomesticDisturbance - Yes yes yes yes and yes.

30lbsofboost - See above response.

Spring is getting near, I'll be attempting to contact people and starting to setup times. Feel free to PM me if you have a time and place in mind, and I'll see what I can do!

Clinical
03-20-2009, 12:02 AM
This is about the best I've been able to do, yes I'm deliberately hiding the exhaust :P
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/Kornelias/1-1.jpg

z28z34man
03-22-2009, 10:24 PM
If you think you can find a good light and landscape to make my car work for you i would be interested

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s53/z28z34man/camaro1-1.jpg

Silversixspeed
04-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Looking to get some photos taken today, I'll be out and about most of the day. If anyone wants to join, feel free to post up or give me a call at 952-297-5877!

derek072887
04-12-2009, 04:19 PM
ik its just an audi but you could take some pics of the s4.... lmk if your interested...

FiFdYnUtZ
04-12-2009, 06:04 PM
why dont you just give him your stepdads number and skip the middle man ;)

Silversixspeed
04-12-2009, 07:03 PM
ik its just an audi but you could take some pics of the s4.... lmk if your interested...

I wouldn't mind, as long as its presentable. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I can find some time to do another photoshoot.

derek072887
04-12-2009, 09:30 PM
the car is deff presentable! i detailed it up real nice this past weekend and ill be sure to do it again before the pics are taken, just let me know when you would wanna do the shoot and where.

Silversixspeed
07-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Looking for a couple candidates today, from around noon to 4pm, in or around Waterloo/Cedar Falls. Anybody interested?