PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Auto Forums Dyno Day Spring 2009 Poll

drfast4ward
02-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Happy New Year All!

I know the economy is still hurting people and the holiday seasons have just passed with bills to pay, but keep in mind that there is no better way to start the new year out than to see how your new modifications are responding, or just to get a base run before you begin modifications, even if you just want to see how your car compares to others in your class.

Here is what I am asking of you. Just tell me what month you think is the best to perform a dyno day / enthusiast gathering in during the spring season of 2009. You do not have to confirm that you will be attending the event. No promises are required at this point. I am just taking a poll to know what type of attendance I could be expecting, when people would be happiest to attend, and when I should set up the event.

Thank you to all for your input and I know we will make this happen in Spring 2009

Months available for Iowa Auto Forums Dyno Day, you can even be day specific but again nothing will be concrete until final decisions are made.
The dyno day pricing will be anounced later. Price will be better than normal pricing, where you can find here http://www.revhardinc.com/awd-chassis-dyno-a8.html

March (after the 20th)
May
april
June (before the 21st)

Drifte
02-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Would this be hourly or per pull? What I mean is, is this going to be set up as a group rate, or individual with a slightly better rate? I think that 3 pull w/ wideband for $75 is pretty nice, should add an option for 5 pulls or something? Just an idea as hourly can be stressful tuning instead of calm and collect.

drfast4ward
02-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Would this be hourly or per pull? What I mean is, is this going to be set up as a group rate, or individual with a slightly better rate? I think that 3 pull w/ wideband for $75 is pretty nice, should add an option for 5 pulls or something? Just an idea as hourly can be stressful tuning instead of calm and collect.

These are the ideas we are looking for. Once we have come to some sort of an understanding of what you the consumer is looking for, we will come up with some awesome pricing as a group rate or individual rate that will accomodate all.

slobalt
02-19-2009, 02:54 PM
I'd be interested if its a weekend thing or a special price deal.

Some questions I'd have to help complete the deal would be.
If it was just the 3-5 pull thing would I be able to make any adjustments before each pull?
Would your tuners be availiable for consults?
What would you charge for a consulting fee?
How many pulls could one get in an hour?

Thanks in advance if you guys can get this done.

edit: Can I hook up my lap top during the test??

FiFdYnUtZ
02-19-2009, 07:18 PM
yeah i would be interested depending on the rates, i should have my car tuned by then so i would just want a few pull w/o wideband because i have an lc1 in the car...

ZacFields
02-19-2009, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't be attending because I don't have a car that I'd want to dyno, but I went ahead and cast my vote for April. I figure it starts to warm up in March (people will start working on their cars) and really starts to get nice in April, so that would be a decent time.

CiViC-Wanted
02-19-2009, 10:02 PM
If you do it on a Sunday Im game!

Fire Hawk
02-21-2009, 05:11 PM
If anything towards the end of april or sometime in may cause then you'll know atleast there's no snow on the ground. Gotta remember it's Iowa here. If you did it then people would be able to at least get a few runs in at the track, go and get a dyno/tune time, then go back to the track.

z28z34man
02-22-2009, 01:13 PM
I am game for April if i get my transmission built by then

biohazard
02-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Even tho I won't be here, I put my vote in for May. I wish I could get my Supra dynoed

NewSpeedSteed
02-22-2009, 06:00 PM
As long as the roads are clean and the snows gone I'm down for whenever. More than likely I'll be PMing you about a time to come on a Friday/Saturday and getting car car tuned. I would like my own session since it gets boring quick when a dozen guys need to make a bunch of pulls to change something with their tune and I'd hate to be the one slowing everything up.

Edit: Trent I think I PM'ed you late last Summer about dyno tuning so yeah I'm still needing it. I did end up getting a Diablo hand tuner but I haven't played with any settings really. I need to disable my rear O2s because its throwing a exhaust CEL but I haven't figured out how to do it.

drfast4ward
02-23-2009, 08:41 AM
As long as the roads are clean and the snows gone I'm down for whenever. More than likely I'll be PMing you about a time to come on a Friday/Saturday and getting car car tuned. I would like my own session since it gets boring quick when a dozen guys need to make a bunch of pulls to change something with their tune and I'd hate to be the one slowing everything up.

Edit: Trent I think I PM'ed you late last Summer about dyno tuning so yeah I'm still needing it. I did end up getting a Diablo hand tuner but I haven't played with any settings really. I need to disable my rear O2s because its throwing a exhaust CEL but I haven't figured out how to do it.

not a problem whenever your ready just give us a call.
at least a couple days in advance and we will squeeze you in.

Drifte
02-25-2009, 10:46 PM
were not asking for much, just everything for free ya know?! haha I imagine its frustrating running a business right now.

04-14-2009, 01:28 PM
any set dates yet?

I'm only an hour away and I would love to get the Talon on the dyno.

drfast4ward
04-15-2009, 01:07 PM
dont need the dyno day to do that just give us a call 1-877-RHI-DYNO 744-3966

04-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Trent I use to see you all the time at Cordova last summer with my 90 DSM.

Since then it blew up (pretty cool I might add) and I got a 91 that I have put a bunch of time and money into.

My question is I have a wideband in the car and How does the "we" tune work?

drfast4ward
04-16-2009, 07:21 AM
Give us a call, and I can answer the questions you might have.

06-06-2009, 06:56 PM
When is your next opening?

I would love to drop it off But I would kinda like see how you tune just so I am not such a dumb ass when It comes to tuning.

let me know

sLoWnStEaDy
10-11-2009, 10:42 AM
So... no dyno day then?

Clinical
01-26-2010, 11:05 AM
I know the 09 dyno day was a bust - however I'm curious if there was going to be an attempt for a 2010 dyno day?

Either way I'll be needing to get the talon up there but if there may be a dyno day - all the better!

NitrousMike
01-26-2010, 12:35 PM
what does this dyno max out to

drfast4ward
01-28-2010, 09:25 PM
1500 per roller :)

Clinical
01-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Hey Trent

Just curious if you guys will be tuning DSMLink v3 Lite?

Also wondering exactly how it works when you bring a car in for a tune?
Can an appointment be made in advance? I know my friend's have had their civics and talon tuned there and it took a week or more due to no appointment made ahead. If an appointment can be made how does that work, is the car tuned right there and then? I'd love to be able to be there and get some video of it on the dyno making the numbers it does.

What all information do you need to tune a car from the owner?

drfast4ward
01-30-2010, 11:58 PM
You would need to call Rev Hard, I sold out to my business partner and I have moved on to another project.

1-877-RHI-DYNO
1-309-788-3966

Ask for John I wouldnt talk to anyone else.

Drifte
01-31-2010, 01:28 PM
^ New Project: sit on a beach and drink and avoid moving.

...thats what I would do anyway.

speedy6963
02-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Hey Trent

Just curious if you guys will be tuning DSMLink v3 Lite?

Also wondering exactly how it works when you bring a car in for a tune?
Can an appointment be made in advance? I know my friend's have had their civics and talon tuned there and it took a week or more due to no appointment made ahead. If an appointment can be made how does that work, is the car tuned right there and then? I'd love to be able to be there and get some video of it on the dyno making the numbers it does.

What all information do you need to tune a car from the owner?

Dont need any info, but it helps it go faster if I know ALL modifications

Call to schedule

blackx-runner
03-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Bump... anything in the works for a 2010 dyno day. I would like to see what my truck puts down. And maybe swap a few parts between pulls to get some accurate gain numbers.