PDA

View Full Version : Good Body Shops in N. Cedar area?

slobalt
02-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Any way long story short, traffic in Chi-town is not what I'm used to. I thought following through then blocking an intersection was a no-no. Anyway wound up hitting somebody's trailer hitch attached to their truck sitting in the middle of the intersection. Now I need to get some estimates.

I've been suggested Reams and Zimmerman. I figure y'all are car guys and would know of some others.

SaNdMaNsSi
02-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Bring it in to 5 Seasons Auto Rebuilders, we'll treat you well. If anyone's estimate is lower we'll do our very best to beat it. Been around over 30 years, so you'll get treated right.

Mufflover
02-17-2009, 12:44 PM
golden hammer? I have heard good things but never had any of my crap done there

FiFdYnUtZ
02-17-2009, 02:00 PM
ive also heard good things about golden hammer, and have seen zimmermans work which is pretty good...but if your willing to drive to belle plaine (35min west of cr) im sure my uncle john at eastside body shop could get you fixed up good and cheap as well...

NewSpeedSteed
02-17-2009, 02:57 PM
A little outside of CR (in Fairfax) is another I recommend. My family (myself included) have taken over 5 cars there and he always does a fantastic job, the place is called 'Waln Repair & Collision Center' some of you guys probably know it as '151 Repair' or 'Waln's repair' its right off highway 151 heading out of Cedar Rapids and its right before the Casey's (handi-mart) in Fairfax. Heres a link with contact and other info:
http://www.walnrepair.com/index.html

I have also taken things to 'Kelly's Auto Body' on 16th Ave in CR- they do good work but are not cheap by any means. I while back I had a spoiler for a car painted at 'Golden Hammer' for 80 bucks and they did a great job as well as a low price.

lil krumm
02-17-2009, 03:33 PM
fuck Waln, they may do good work but there employees are assholes. and id like to know my vehicle is getting treated with respect and not having some dickhead just grab your fender and yank it out by hand and tell you its good and he wont give you a quote now.

/rant

take to 5 seasons.

krustindumm
02-17-2009, 03:51 PM
I took my car to premier in NL. The work looks good, but I wish I had taken it to 5 Seasons. They took over 2 months, and it wasn't really done, it is back in there now, and has been for a week.

Domestic Disturbance
02-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Had some work done at mike mcgraths and it was immaculate. don't go to abra in hiawatha though, had poor work done there.

Brislons(sp?) in Marion is top notch too, but usually more classic car stuff.

96-eclipse-gst
02-17-2009, 09:09 PM
FUCK Zimmerman, piss poor work. Expensive as hell. Done business with Waln, did a good job. Reams did a good job. Those are the three I have personally dealt with.

slobalt
02-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Wow, thanks for your inputs. I'll get my estimates and see how long it takes for the insurance to come thru...

JacobS
02-17-2009, 11:19 PM
i might be a little late, but golden hammer in my opinion is hands down the best. my family has done business with waln also, pretty good for the money. id recommend both of them

SaNdMaNsSi
02-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Just an FYI but if you don't like Waln, you won't like Golden Hammer either. Most of the guys at Waln came over from GH.

Drifte
02-18-2009, 11:53 AM
fuck Waln, they may do good work but there employees are assholes. and id like to know my vehicle is getting treated with respect and not having some dickhead just grab your fender and yank it out by hand and tell you its good and he wont give you a quote now.

/rant

take to 5 seasons.

Id look at that guy, kick the fender back in worse than before. And tell him not to ever touch my car again until the contract is signed.

Caleb
02-28-2009, 02:02 PM
I've got a new restoration project, so this is good to know as well. Just need a few minor things done to my new car and hopefully it'll be a beauty, got a hell of a deal on it as well :)