PDA

View Full Version : nissan

Domestic Disturbance
02-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Nissan announced they are laying off 20,000. I guess no one wanted to buy their junk either? (thats sarcasm) :roll:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090209/ap_ ... rns_nissan (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090209/ap_on_bi_ge/as_japan_earns_nissan)

FiFdYnUtZ
02-09-2009, 06:44 PM
i guess the american car companies arent the only ones with problems :/

black88gt
02-09-2009, 08:42 PM
20,000 thousand

20,000,000? damn thats a lot of people

reminds me of the blubbering cunt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8hMJVXt09E

krustindumm
02-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Good. Maybe this will be a reminder to stop building shit.

Domestic Disturbance
02-09-2009, 09:59 PM
20,000 thousand

20,000,000? damn thats a lot of people

reminds me of the blubbering cunt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8hMJVXt09E

suck a d

69gt4speed
02-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Times are hard, nobody is selling much of anything. No credit, no jobs, no buying. Toyota and honda u will hear mo bad news also. Even us, we heard bad news today. Even food restaurants and so on have lowered prices, seems ppl can't afford to buy a sub sandwich. Nhra lowered ticket prices also. Sponsors have pulled out. Evidently things weren't as rosy as made out to be. Cat layed off 20k also, it has nothing to do w quality imo. U think u might be layed off u don't spend even if making money.

ZEE
02-10-2009, 05:41 AM
and that's one reason economy isn't improving. Obama is all doom and gloom. He should be pumping up the american people on how the economy will be turned around instead of all this 'it's going to git way worse'. Every one is so scared to spend because of this. which compounds things considerably. A 'recession' only lasts 6 to 18 months before it works itself out anyways. It's officially been a little over a year according to economists.

Drifte
02-10-2009, 09:45 AM
yea, ok I just want a job...Spent my whole life so far going to school with high hopes to do well after. Im either overqualified or dont have enough "experience." aka age discrimination.

69gt4speed
02-10-2009, 11:53 AM
You know Zee I'm not going to sit arguing about politics, there's enough blame on everyone, instead I've been trying to cheer these guys up a lil w some vid. I know your views. We are getting a check soon, so buy those camaro parts. I'm all for that.

My 69 project is coming along. The 03, well not doing much as it's my d/d. Last I checked it did ok. I've really gotten into the cobra jet deal hopefully gm and dodge will do the same. Today rain is gone at pomona, hopefully new cobra jet will prevail. And a thousand ppl will use ford credit and go out and buy a stang that can actually afford to pay for it. Jobs are jobs.

I understand the doom and gloom talk, exactly 180 from everything is great when not. #1 is to push agenda, and when on top #2 is to hold on to your position.

NewSpeedSteed
02-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Good. Maybe this will be a reminder to stop building shit.

LOL
350Z and Skyline R-35 Fail. :Hangman:

krustindumm
02-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Those were both neat concepts, the Z aint too bad, but the Skyline got fucked. Those are not the problem though. Those are not the cars that you base income on. It's the low cost, high volume cars that make money, and every Japanese company has been working away from what made them so popular in the late '80s early '90s. Back then they made small, economical, inexpensive cars. Lightly featured, but very reliable. Every generation the Civic, Sentra, and Corolla get bigger, fancier, less economical, and more expensive. Now the Fit 'subcompact' is bigger than a 91 Civic, the Civic is bigger than a '91 Accord, and the Accord is ginormous. Not to mention they have all lost their sporting character, mostly from the massive weight gain, but also due to suspension geometry changes.

R.I.P. Soichiro

NewSpeedSteed
02-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Those were both neat concepts, the Z aint too bad, but the Skyline got fucked. Those are not the problem though. Those are not the cars that you base income on. It's the low cost, high volume cars that make money, and every Japanese company has been working away from what made them so popular in the late '80s early '90s. Back then they made small, economical, inexpensive cars. Lightly featured, but very reliable. Every generation the Civic, Sentra, and Corolla get bigger, fancier, less economical, and more expensive. Now the Fit 'subcompact' is bigger than a 91 Civic, the Civic is bigger than a '91 Accord, and the Accord is ginormous. Not to mention they have all lost their sporting character, mostly from the massive weight gain, but also due to suspension geometry changes.

R.I.P. Soichiro

Oh I know- I honestly love the 350Z but in my eyes its slow. I know its a 'cornering car' but still for 280/300hp they should be faster than high 13-low 14 second cars. The R-35 though is just a failure, not the Skyline in general just this generation.

Nissan is 'killing themselves' just like the American Companies by making huge, generic and just unappealing cars.

Domestic Disturbance
02-10-2009, 08:05 PM
x2. Look at nissan and apply that to maximas and altimas. New altimas are bigger than maximas 5-6 years ago. Maximas have just gotten huge. Its the same deal as saturn. They keep pushing to break out into the bigger and better market, and leave behind the cheap reliable cars that put them on the map. Even Hyundai is trying it with the genesis.

69gt4speed
02-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Every car and truck is getting bigger and heavier w mo sh-t on it imo. These days a 1/2 ton weighs 5.5k and take that nissan, shelby, the 300c body, etc. the list is endless at +4k. My old 94 tbird only weighs 3.6k and it's a huge car w irs to boot. I don't think there are hardly any cars under 3k anymore w mo than a 4cyl. Heck a s2000 is 2.8k.

Anyway nothing to do w sales u will see. Just I'm hating every new gen car comes out they add a avg of 200# w mo bs.. Slower, use mo gas, pads, break mo parts, etc.

Honda had a avg of -31.6% loss in sales. Isuzu -73.8%, gm -41%, ford -32.6%, chrysler -47.1%, nissan -42.2%, infiniti -28%, toyota -33.9% ... as you see about everyone. These figures were based on nov. sales figures compared to last yr. So you see it is everyone.

Stutz
02-11-2009, 12:16 AM
The factory i work for makes a lot of parts for chrysler but also makes some for gm and has a front and rear cradle for mazda and i have worked a grand total of a week so far this year. Better then getting laid off completely thank god i can work on the side at the gfs daddys red neck weld shop.

69gt4speed
02-11-2009, 12:51 AM
I hope it picks up, I've heard from young and old alike it sucks. My co. announced semi bad stuff monday. Never the less buying some parts for 69 as I figure helps someone keep a job. I might buy a few for the 03 just because it needs maint. Idk what I'd do, go hang out at zees place or something. Utility maint. like I was in, is pretty stable work. Good luck man.

Ricky
02-11-2009, 08:32 AM
We just had a lay off at Clipper not to long ago... glad im still hanging on to my job but a lot of good hard works lost theirs and now its like a ghost town sometimes. this whole economy just sucks

DJ0820
02-11-2009, 04:51 PM
The worse has yet to come. Printing more money.....fuck....:help: