PDA

View Full Version : Locations to ride ATV

warchild145
02-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Is their any places around to ride quads? Trails would be nice, motocross type venue would be sweet as well but I'm really looking for a place I can run my quad wide open.

I've ridden it down my gravel road a couple times now and unless they maintain it better hitting another huge mess of rutts and bumps at 60-80 MPH is not fun. I'm just running out of good road.

I know what I am asking for is probably impossible as far as the straight away part goes but I wouldnt mind running on some trails or Motocross track either as it would beat riding around my flat 5 acres.

(I don't want to hear any "quads can't go that fast, it wont go over 60MPH anyway so dont bother, blah blah blah)

Just looking for more places to ride and maybe obtain a top speed for this thing.

lil krumm
02-05-2009, 08:07 AM
you got 5 acres? build a track. thats what we did. well sorta, part of it was kinda here already...

and theres '600 acres' out in ely, or 300? i dunno what its called anymore. but its for quads and dirtbikes only now.

mustangmike45
02-05-2009, 09:11 AM
there is a place up in waterloo that has both trails and 3 different mx tracks. it's an awesome place to ride. pm me for more details. thanks

warchild145
02-05-2009, 10:08 AM
the problem with my 5 acres is only about 2-3 is open for riding and i dont have anything to build a track but otherwise I ride around there for now.

lil krumm
02-05-2009, 10:40 AM
instead of spending gas to take your quad somewhere and ride, rent a skidloader for the day. and make one BA track. lol, well thats what i want to do, once i get another quad. my dirtbike gets boring.

s13kid
02-05-2009, 01:25 PM
theres '600 acres' out in ely, or 300? i dunno what its called anymore. but its for quads and dirtbikes only now.

600 Acres is ok, its really chewed up and i don't think there is any actual upkeep on the trails.

The place in waterloo is awesome. They have water trucks and staff keep the tracks nice, the trails are really smooth and a lot of fun.

NewSpeedSteed
02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
600 acres got trashed by people with big 4x4s so they closed it down to ATV/dirtbike only (which I feel is a shame) plus its alot less than 600 acres (like Kent said its like 300- probably less honestly) but in short between the people trashing it and last summers flood since it sat right on the river I'm sure trails and stuff got washed bad. As of my knowledge there is not anyone to maintain or clean up the park so I imagine it still looks/rides horrible since the flood.
Nevertheless, its not far away and worth at least checking out I guess.

warchild145
02-05-2009, 09:34 PM
do you really need the DNR registration sticker to ride at these places? And do they really enforce the sound levels?

I'm unable to obtain a registration as I have no title for the quad since its a frankenstein machine and the thing is far beyond what they allow for decibel limits i'm sure.

Roosterk0031
02-06-2009, 07:33 AM
At all other than 600 acres you stand a pretty good chance of getting a ticket. I was as Bluff Creek(Oskaloosa) with my kids, 4 bikes he checked stickers & registration and compared vin numbers to even make sure they are the right bikes. I've never been to Waterloo but imagine it and Marshalltown are about the same.

I don't think noise is inforced though. Waterloo could be different because it is kind of in town.

Drifte
02-06-2009, 11:53 AM
also a place in tama and something west on highway 30 I've heard about.

FiFdYnUtZ
02-06-2009, 01:15 PM
marshalltown-
waterloo-
600 acres-
tama-
bluff creek-
montezuma made a new track and stuff-
bussey (sp?)-

Roosterk0031
02-06-2009, 01:51 PM
http://www.iowaohv.com/

Bluff Creek is the park near Bussey, just south west of Oskaloosa

FiFdYnUtZ
02-06-2009, 02:32 PM
yep, my bad...that is one of the nicer places to ride around here imo...very nice mx tracks..

lil krumm
02-06-2009, 04:09 PM
my gf's little bothers go to the sandbox? no idea where that is but its a indoor track.

FiFdYnUtZ
02-07-2009, 10:27 AM
i used to race in the indoor track in farley...but i heard it went outta business so maybe thats where the sandbox is?