PDA

View Full Version : Eddyville Heads-Up Classes This Summer

Rogue86
02-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Hey everyone, I'm just trying to get the word out on the Heads-Up races that'll be taking place this summer at Eddyville.

We'll have a true 10.5 class, and a Big Tire 5.20 index class. The 10.5" class is basicly a stock style suspension / ladder bar, true 10.5 deal. Run what ya brung and hope you brung enough.

The Big Tire Class will be open to any door car with headlights and taillights and will be run on a pro-tree to a 5.20 index. This is the first year for the big tire class, so we're going to try out this format and see how it works.

Full dates and details can be found here: http://eddyvilleraceway.com/page/huc-rules.html Events are going to be run on non-points saturdays. Those in the heads up classes will be the stars of the show!

I know a lot of people want some heads up racing in the area... Well, here it is guys, come out and support it and I promise it will stay. We ran the 10.5 class last year and everyone had a blast. I think we had a different winner at every event, and the fastest qualified car was rarely the one in the winners circle at the end of the night.

If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call 641-891-7718.
-Christian

90 notch
02-04-2009, 05:34 AM
Just what we need!Awesome....MSCA

Scott
02-04-2009, 07:36 AM
outlaw heads up!! badass, sounds good christian, about time we get some heads up racing around here

Scott
02-18-2009, 12:30 PM
New rule changes on this class now.. Ladder bars now allowed in the heads-up class

Rogue86
03-01-2009, 11:31 AM
That is correct. It should help the car counts considerably.

On a side note, I see CFR has added 3 10.5" class dates. I'm not sure if I'll have my car finished by the first one, but either way I'll be there. Eddyville's first race is May 30th, I hope you all can make it.

Rogue86
04-07-2009, 09:29 PM
How's everyone's cars coming along?

Its going to be close for me, I HOPE to have it done by the May 30th Eddyville race. Just going to depend if the funds are there.

Hope you all can make it down to the dirty south! haha

90 notch
04-08-2009, 05:25 AM
New rule changes on this class now.. Ladder bars now allowed in the heads-up classLadder bars in a stock suspension class,that makes a whole lot of sense!!!!We'll be their anyway..........MSCA.

snickerlicker
04-08-2009, 05:30 AM
Sometimes you gotta go to a ladder bar set up because you can't figure out how to go fast with a stock suspension....

Scott
04-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Sometimes people buy a car without stock suspension mounts too :suspect: and usually they run the same time with either suspension unless your talking 7 second or faster cars. Doesnt Chris's El camino have ladder bars on it anyway?? :neener:

90 notch
04-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Sometimes people buy a car without stock suspension mounts too :suspect: and usually they run the same time with either suspension unless your talking 7 second or faster cars. Doesnt Chris's El camino have ladder bars on it anyway?? :neener:My bro's car is not the point!My point is you are the reason they changed the rules because you said you could bring x amount of cars......My point is it's a stock suspended(it was)RACE and than you let ladder bar cars in.If you do that you gotta let 4-link cars in as well.So in theory it's not a stock suspended race ANYMORE!Get my point..It's a 10.5 race,but no 4-links but you can have ladder bars.That just sounds stupid.Like i said we'll bring some cars.MSCA

Scott
04-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Actually that is a perfectly normal rule exception.. If you are familiar with 10.5 races there is many sancitoning bodies that have rule exceptions for ladder-bar cars, they are a totally different breed than a 4-link car. Why would you not want the extra car count there? There is no heads-up racing around here right now so I thought I would share a perfectly acceptable exception to the rules for the sake of car counts. If you really feel like bitching about something maybe you should bitch about there not being a minimum weight rule because that will make a hell of alot more difference than ladder-bar vs stock suspension.. Better start cutting

K-ville
04-08-2009, 09:08 AM
from what im doing with my car id like to try somethin like this next year if my car is done but no way am i gonna hack my car up into a haggerd claptrap to run twice a year. a min weight needs to be set

90 notch
04-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Actually that is a perfectly normal rule exception.. If you are familiar with 10.5 races there is many sancitoning bodies that have rule exceptions for ladder-bar cars, they are a totally different breed than a 4-link car. Why would you not want the extra car count there? There is no heads-up racing around here right now so I thought I would share a perfectly acceptable exception to the rules for the sake of car counts. If you really feel like bitching about something maybe you should bitch about there not being a minimum weight rule because that will make a hell of alot more difference than ladder-bar vs stock suspension.. Better start cuttingIt would be one thing to hack my car up for suspension,but for tail-pipes,no thanks!I guess that could mean a couple of things to you...Like i said we'll be their.MSCA

Mufflover
04-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Actually that is a perfectly normal rule exception.. If you are familiar with 10.5 races there is many sancitoning bodies that have rule exceptions for ladder-bar cars, they are a totally different breed than a 4-link car. Why would you not want the extra car count there? There is no heads-up racing around here right now so I thought I would share a perfectly acceptable exception to the rules for the sake of car counts. If you really feel like bitching about something maybe you should bitch about there not being a minimum weight rule because that will make a hell of alot more difference than ladder-bar vs stock suspension.. Better start cuttingIt would be one thing to hack my car up for suspension,but for tail-pipes,no thanks!I guess that could mean a couple of things to you...Like i said we'll be their.MSCA
Ouch!

snickerlicker
04-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Sometimes people buy a car without stock suspension mounts too :suspect: and usually they run the same time with either suspension unless your talking 7 second or faster cars. Doesnt Chris's El camino have ladder bars on it anyway?? :neener:

Guess you should have bought a Mustang that still had all of it's mounts. Set it up right and you can really 60ft well.....

Scott
04-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Thats just the way racing is, dont hate the player hate the game :cop: If you want a perfect car go restore something worth money and go to a car show. I think we should leave this thread alone now since they are trying to get some good racing here, we can have this argument somewhere else if you really want. I just hope the car count is high enough to continue racing and I think we should all try to do whatever we can to get cars and keep them competeting instead of trying to exclude them.

and yes I DO have the factory mounts on my car "even with the tail-pipes" but the housing did not have factory mounts and with all the bracing installed on it I decided to just weld in a crossmember an run the ladder bars, because it was CHEAPER and easier than stock style at the time. If I really feel the need to change it back all I need is a bolt in 9" with control arms and coilover mounts and I'll be good to go, I'd be willing to bet it would be faster than the ladderbars that are on it now.

K-ville
04-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Thats just the way racing is, dont hate the player hate the game :cop: If you want a perfect car go restore something worth money and go to a car show. I think we should leave this thread alone now since they are trying to get some good racing here, we can have this argument somewhere else if you really want. I just hope the car count is high enough to continue racing and I think we should all try to do whatever we can to get cars and keep them competeting instead of trying to exclude them.

and yes I DO have the factory mounts on my car "even with the tail-pipes" but the housing did not have factory mounts and with all the bracing installed on it I decided to just weld in a crossmember an run the ladder bars, because it was CHEAPER and easier than stock style at the time. If I really feel the need to change it back all I need is a bolt in 9" with control arms and coilover mounts and I'll be good to go, I'd be willing to bet it would be faster than the ladderbars that are on it now.

I by no means am afraid to beat on my car I know its nothing special I know it will never be worth the parts I have in it and I also know it will never be perfect but I also think there is a huge difference in a "perfect car", a street/strip car, and a hacked out racecar

Scott
04-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Hey if you ever want to come check out my car I will gladly show it to you, you can judge yourself but Im sure you wouldnt put in a hacked up race car category :suspect: The ONLY thing cut out of it is the a section of the trunk floor, which you would do anyway for a fuel cell or water cell, and 4 small sections of the rear seat area for exhaust clearance. and everything has formed sheetmetal welded in place and blended together with the factory floor, if you didnt know better you would swear its factory anyway. You wouldnt believe how quiet it is now inside with the tail pipes on it "compared to before", no more fumes, you can actually hear inside the car. next project = radio. Im not saying ANYTHING good or bad about your guys cars, Steve-o's car is nice I have seen it in person a while ago. There is just something not too impressive about bragging that you have a run of the mill fox body mustang thats hasnt been cut at all. As far as Im concerned the day you weld in a 8.5 nhra cert cage its not factory and its not gonna be returned to stock anyway, might as well get rid of the rear seat unless you have a contortionist friend that can climb back there, and then BAM you apparently have a racecar on your hands :Hangman: Oh well thats what I bought the cobra for anyway..

K-ville
04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
your taking my comments as im talking about your car and im not.... im simply saying I will not cut up my car just to make wieght in a class that will most likely die after one season.

There is just something not too impressive about bragging that you have a run of the mill fox body mustang thats hasnt been cut at all. As far as Im concerned the day you weld in a 8.5 nhra cert cage its not factory and its not gonna be returned to stock anyway, might as well get rid of the rear seat unless you have a contortionist friend that can climb back there

Im not sure if this was a jab at me or not but either way my car will be far from run of the mill and cages can easily be removed and lastly I want the appearance of a street car as much as possible most likely even if the seat cant be sat in at all by anyone it will still be there because im building a street car not a race car

Rogue86
04-08-2009, 09:18 PM
:rolleyes: Wow, it got kinda crazy in here! I'm glad to see everyone is still fired up about coming down for this, trust me you wont be dissapointed :bigthumb:

As was mentioned before, the ladder bar rule was added because virtually every other 10.5 class in the country allows ladder bars and stock suspension; NMCA, NMRA, ORSCA, and all the other local classes like this one. This means there are more cars out there equipped to run this class which equals a better car count = more sponsors = bigger payout = more racers = survival of the class.

I'll be the first to agree that the weight issue may need to be addressed in the future, but Eddyville does not currently have scales. With that said, the competition in the class was very tight last year, and I really expect that trend to continue.

Can't wait to get this season kicked off!

Scott
04-09-2009, 06:38 AM
Im gonna have to miss the first race for pinks all out in Indy, I will try to make some of the other dates though.

UWILOSE
04-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Sorry i will not be making the race either.I will be racing at Brainerd in Minnesota
So maybe steve can whip up on the ladder bar cars then. UWILOSE

snickerlicker
04-10-2009, 04:31 AM
Sorry i will not be making the race either.I will be racing at Brainerd in Minnesota

Or do you mean Joe?? :supz:

90 notch
04-10-2009, 05:51 AM

Or do you mean Joe?? :supz:You got that right!Thanks tory! :rolleyes:

Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport
04-10-2009, 09:52 AM
dont forget cedar falls raceway is doing the same heads up class this year. I bitched to Dan enough for him to do it.

Rogue86
04-10-2009, 12:00 PM
That is correct. Whether or not my car is finished I'll be there.

Hopefully everyone can find it possible to support some of the events at each track. :supz: If everything goes well, perhaps we can put together a "series" for next year.

Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport
04-13-2009, 05:45 PM
that would be cool for sure

Scotty
04-22-2009, 06:08 AM
The tracks (CFR and ERP) are both open this Friday. According to the ERP schedule, Saturday includes a "street warm up" - any small tire cars going?

Scott
04-22-2009, 08:00 AM
I'll be racing at Hawkeye Downs this Saturday, so no I cant make it

K-ville
04-22-2009, 08:14 AM
I'll be racing at Hawkeye Downs this Saturday, so no I cant make it

I was hopin to see you and Allgo at ERP this saturday

Scott
04-22-2009, 08:39 AM
What ever happened to him anyway?? I might be taking it out on Sunday for a few NA runs down the track. Its tough to make it out drag racing with all the circle racing going on in the summer dammit.

K-ville
04-22-2009, 09:32 AM
What ever happened to him anyway?? I might be taking it out on Sunday for a few NA runs down the track. Its tough to make it out drag racing with all the circle racing going on in the summer dammit.
nothin. he just got tired of geting attacked by people on here so he hasnt been getin on. hes just workin wrenching and racing to my knowledge

Summergirl
04-22-2009, 09:54 AM
nothin. he just got tired of geting attacked by people on here so he hasnt been getin on. hes just workin wrenching and racing to my knowledge

you sling mud, you're gonna get dirty. i thought he held his own quite well.

i hope he's going to have everything ready. it's gonna be fun! looking forward to seeing everyone at the track at the same time. (especially adding ryan and eric back into the mix this year.) :)

K-ville
04-22-2009, 03:49 PM

i hope he's going to have everything ready. it's gonna be fun! looking forward to seeing everyone at the track at the same time. (especially adding ryan and eric back into the mix this year.) :)
i simply answerd the question i was asked not sayin its right or wrong

Rogue86
04-22-2009, 09:47 PM
So it sounds like some folks will be at Eddyville this saturday? I might have to take a break from working on my car and swing down there for a bit.

Scotty
04-23-2009, 06:21 AM
I was planning on Saturday-hopefully the weather will cooperate. "Oh it's raining, the weekend must be here..."

K-ville
04-23-2009, 06:27 AM
ill be down there carless watching

Summergirl
04-23-2009, 08:22 AM

i simply answerd the question i was asked not sayin its right or wrong

i know, i didn't mean anything negative or bitchy about it. just commenting.

do you think you will be able to make it to the track this year WITH your car?? hope so, from the indications on your build thread, sounds like she will be a lot of fun.

K-ville
04-23-2009, 09:48 AM
i know, i didn't mean anything negative or bitchy about it. just commenting.

do you think you will be able to make it to the track this year WITH your car?? hope so, from the indications on your build thread, sounds like she will be a lot of fun.

Well it taking forever because im spending alot of money to do everything the way I want it the first go round..... so I have a really nice roller set-up soon but im far far far from having a motor and trans ready, I dont even have the rear yet..... so prolly not unless someone wants to sponser me haha

Scott
04-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah good luck with that one. I got a few interested for the Pinks all-out race but thats a different story.

K-ville
04-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Yeah good luck with that one. I got a few interested for the Pinks all-out race but thats a different story.

well mines not a hack job so maybe it would be easier for me! :neener:

Scott
04-24-2009, 07:41 AM
HAHa yeah good point.. I mean look at it, any car with flames has to be nice!!!

K-ville
04-24-2009, 10:07 AM
butt ugly but nice! haha

lovemychevys
05-10-2009, 08:14 PM
I agree there was some really good racing out there, Every one should come down and check it out!! I love the heads up racing.. :supz: