PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch UFC 93? St. Pierre vs BJ Penn??

TbTalon94
02-02-2009, 10:17 AM
If so whatr your thoughts. Looks to me that GSP is a little better then BJ expected. I was rooting for both of them though..if that's possible. I wanted GSP to win because BJ was talking alot of smack and i like seeing GSP as WW champion. I also wanted BJ to win because he would be the only one to hold two belts at the same time and avenge his loss against GSP before.

All in all, GSP took him for all he's got. Penn just couldn't handle it. He took one hell of a beating though and you gotta hand it to him, he's got one hell of a heart.

Anyone else?

Drifte
02-02-2009, 10:31 AM
so their was a tv show in 1993 about some rasslin and some guys heart got broken? What is this "UFC." You speak of.

TbTalon94
02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
You were too busy being gay, even your cousin showed up!

Fire Hawk
02-02-2009, 07:11 PM
I haven't followed UFC that much. I watched the fight and I thought the fight was a complete joke. I hate watching ground n pound fights. BJ took one hell of a beating and kept coming back for more. GSP looked like he knew what he was doing very well.

A win is a win but a 3 rounds of ground n pound was retarted. :sleep: :banghead: :sleep: :banghead:

ia240drifter
02-02-2009, 09:57 PM
i think BJ was out of his element when he moved up a class. you could definatally tell he tired way before GSP. I was hoping GSP would win he is one heck of a fighter. i also enjoyed the lyota machita (sry bout the spelling too lazy to spell check his name) fight. he really suprised and impressed me with his stand up. i hope his next fight is a title fight.

Oh Trevor i was wondering if you would be intrested in making a intake setup for my SR20DET??? nothing wild and crazy but i cannot use the stock rubber intake with my Power steering setup please let me know if your intrested.

Jappbox
02-03-2009, 04:06 PM
GSP For the win!! he is the only UFC guy I really like, not to cockey and really works hard. That was a fun night Trev. Where were you at Colton? Brent and Eric Showed up as well.. And thank god our Pup Feel Asleep before the fight so I could "watch" the Fight LOL.

JJ240
02-09-2009, 11:00 AM
all that fight showed is that a good fighter can maul another good fighter that has 25-30lbs less muscle weight on him. Penn was soft as hell at 168 or wherever he weighed in...st pierre weighed in at 170 and was probably closer to 185 at fight time. Nobody learned anything they didn't already know.

TbTalon94
02-09-2009, 12:28 PM
^ Agreed

Both fighters are extremely good in their own aspects, but when you pair up two very good fighters where one has a significant weight/strength advantage the outcome is predictable. Only other way to make it better is give the undersized guy the experience advantage which we only really saw in the Couture vs. Lesnar fight...but sometimes even that doesn't help.