PDA

View Full Version : 5th Gen. Prelude - Auto To Man. Conversion

Stevo
01-27-2009, 03:39 AM
I have a '00 Prelude with a auto SS, the tranny has gone and 2nd gear is basically toast, I was looking to have it fixed but have read most every where that the SS's break very easily in general and it would probably cost about the same to have it switched to a manual. I was wondering if anyone local (Cedar Rapids area) has ever done this type of swap or knows of the SS's issues and would be able to fix the 2nd gear, as I would like to get as much out of this tranny as possible, or knows of the cost and time to do the conversion.

krustindumm
01-27-2009, 05:55 AM
10hrs, $700-1000 in parts. $600 labor.

snickerlicker
01-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Steveo sold his Mustang? Goddamn!!

allgo
01-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Steveo sold his Mustang? Goddamn!!

man he must be stepping up to a import..

Drifte
01-29-2009, 10:43 AM
OP probably has no idea what you guys are talking about. But the 2nd poster does know how to do it.

Stevo
01-30-2009, 04:49 AM
No idea what steveo you two are tlking about. krustindumm, are you in the CR area?? Do you know what I'm tlkng about with the SS problems?

allgo
01-30-2009, 07:09 AM
No idea what steveo you two are tlking about. krustindumm, are you in the CR area?? Do you know what I'm tlkng about with the SS problems?

90notchs name is stevo to, sorry more of a joke then anything. Didnt mean to horror up your post.

krustindumm
01-30-2009, 10:42 AM
yes and yes, though the problems seem to be mostly related to poor maintenance and abuse.

You need trans, clutch/flywheel, axle, mounts, ecu, shift linkage/cables, misc bolts and wiring, pedal cluster/clutch master/lines, maybe some other misc. stuff too.

Stevo
02-04-2009, 08:02 PM

90notchs name is stevo to, sorry more of a joke then anything. Didnt mean to horror up your post.

No worries :)

Stevo
02-04-2009, 08:45 PM
yes and yes, though the problems seem to be mostly related to poor maintenance and abuse.

You need trans, clutch/flywheel, axle, mounts, ecu, shift linkage/cables, misc bolts and wiring, pedal cluster/clutch master/lines, maybe some other misc. stuff too.

I'm going to go with yes and yes on the abuse and poor maintenance, abuse mostly, then by the time I checked it out and found out that it was poorly maintained it was to late :(

The lay out I've got says I can use the same axles, do you know anyone that has a tranny that'll fit?? I think the F22 accord will work as well as the H22.

krustindumm
02-13-2009, 03:07 PM
both will work, idk where to find any of the parts.