PDA

View Full Version : 01 V6 Mustang Exhaust Question

Clinical
01-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Okay, being pretty damn new to cars themselves.

Only thing I can do is change a tire, my oil, and it took me 3 hours to figure out how to install my Cold Air Intake.

I'm trying to learn, just taking time.

One of the things I really want from my v6 stang is a dual exhaust.

What all do I need to go directly from my stock exhaust to a dual?
Would this exhaust system contain everything that I would need?
http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mu ... 49588.aspx (http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/61A3548A0A0A3049588.aspx)

Also, how much should I expect it to cost me to have a shop install it.
An exhaust is probably too advanced for me to tackle yet I'm assuming, and there's no one around Burlington who could help me I don't think :/

warchild145
01-02-2009, 01:02 PM
are you looking for true duals or just dual pipes out the rear?

For true duals, something will probably have to be fabed up as I'm not sure what is out there for v-6's

For the dual pipes out the rear I believe you can get a catback system or just a single in dual out muffler and will get what you want.

Clinical
01-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Yeah I basically just want the Dual Pipes out the back for sound/look.

(Call it rice, I suppose it is :P )

I just hate my rusty ol stock downturned pipe

Clinical
01-02-2009, 03:36 PM
added link of exhaust im looking at

lil krumm
01-02-2009, 04:22 PM
take it to an exhaust shop and get a quote from them. might be cheaper. i got true duals from the manifolds back put on my truck for $500.

warchild145
01-02-2009, 04:26 PM
it appears it has everything you will need to hook it up. If you do get it, check out the instructions that come with it. Exhaust is not actually that hard to hook up as long as all the pieces you have fit properly. If you still dont feel comfortable then take it to a shop. No idea on what they charge but a simple call to any muffler shop and they should be able to give you a ball park figure. I cant remember what shops are around Burlington, its been a couple years since I been in that neighborhood but I know they have a few around.

69gt4speed
01-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Pm stangvortech, he's got a v6 in his stang.

black88gt
01-02-2009, 08:48 PM
stangvortech was selling his dual exhaust for a v6, pm him

NewSpeedSteed
01-04-2009, 04:03 PM
There is quite a few ways to add dual exhaust to your V6; probably the simplest and easiest would be taking it to a local muffler shop and talking to them about it. If you feel like doing something yourself there are kits to add it as well. I use american muscle for alot of my parts (http://www.americanmuscle.com) they sell a adaptor kit too: http://www.americanmuscle.com/v6duexadkit1.html
There site features alot of helpful install videos and other useful tools- I know there vids have helped me on several installs.
That kit allows you to use any 99-04 Mustang (non Cobra) catback exhaust. Granted catbacks run between 400-600 dollars on average might make you consider the muffler shop idea that others and myself have mentioned. Looking back I probably have close to $2200 in exhaust alone (LT headers, X pipe and catback). If you want to tackle this yourself you will probably need another set of hands and a welder so keep that in mind. Looking at the kit that you gave us a link for seems like a good buy (both price and quality) I might search around on some forums and stuff to ask people if they have heard of it, used it etc.

stangvortech
01-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey, I got full exhaust I need to get rid of and I laser red gt rear bumper I need to get rid of. I have every thing you need to get it on. It is a true dual exhaust mac h pipe with high flow cats and gt take off mufflers and sounds good for v6. PM if you want to talk or are interested. john

Clinical
01-05-2009, 07:50 AM
PM'd - Ignore the part in my PM where I ask what kind of exhaust it is :P

I skipped ahead to the PM button too fast :P