PDA

View Full Version : dual 10" sub box built for AWD 1st gen DSM's

slow ride
12-28-2008, 05:15 PM
This will work with any car, but it's made to fit around the hump in the floor of the car. It's just a rectangular box that fits in the back part of the hatch. Around 1 cf ported, divided and tuned to 30-35 hz. This is just the raw box with ports(elbows for length), wiring and poly fill. The box is not carpeted yet and is made form MDF. $20 pick it up in Waterloo.

Luminatorz34
12-28-2008, 07:03 PM
if you still haver this next weekend...consider it sold...too late for me to do anything about it now as im leaving tomorrow to go trucking again...pics by chance??

slow ride
12-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Don't have any pictures of it now, but if you need them I suppose I could come up with something. I've built a lot of boxes in my time and this is a sturdy piece and played very well with the JL 10w3's I had in it before. Just need some subs and carpet and it's ready to go. This is 100 times better than the pre made junk and I just want to recoup a few bucks on materials.

I forgot to mention it fits around the hump in the floor when the spart tire is removed not on top of the spare.

Luminatorz34
12-30-2008, 04:55 PM
is it big enough that i could cut it out a bit and fit 12's in it??

Drifte
12-30-2008, 06:23 PM
^ I imagine you could but not many 12's respond well to a mere 1 cubic foot and ported. Get the port length and look for some 10's that would work well in that enclosure. Im looking at those all in one sub and amp setups that are pretty tiny and easily removed for a little weight loss....(just fyi since i am also dsm awd...)

slow ride
12-30-2008, 07:17 PM
It's 1cf a side, but thats really tight for a ported 12" of any make. I'd only run good 10's that work well in a 1cf ported box, but it's up to the individual. The ports are actually elbows to get the tuned length correct and it would be a shame to rip it all apart. I don't build junk :)

Luminatorz34
12-30-2008, 07:41 PM
ill just pick up some 10's somewhere then if i get the opportunity to pick this up...ill be home the rest of the week...but going to desmoines tomorrow to pick up rims and tires for my talon...ill shoot for thursday, or the weekend. if that works for you