PDA

View Full Version : Z28 + Ice = Almost Certain Death

NitrousJunkie
12-27-2008, 12:51 PM
I went to go pickup a 94 Z28 in chitown the day after christmas, the fog was so bad driving back that we stopped and stayed in a hotel overnight.

Got up this morning and decided to give it another try, all was well until I hit interstate 380 through CR going back to waterloo and then the ice storm hit...

I was cruising along at probably 65 and all of sudden the rain that was on my windshield turned to ice, the next thing I knew I was fish tailing from lane to lane pretty much sideways until I got it under control (Remember this is at 65-70 mph)

After my heart settled back down from 160 back bpm down the normal 50-60 bpm I went about 45 the rest of way...long story short...I should of bit the bullet and had it shipped.

So as we speak I'm having a beer and enjoying life! :bigthumb:

Here's a couple pics of the Z that almost killed me :rolleyes:

http://www.chitownracing.com/forums/imagehosting/34474950214d9a995.jpg

http://www.chitownracing.com/forums/imagehosting/3447495021639f7e9.jpg

http://www.chitownracing.com/forums/imagehosting/344749502158db0dc.jpg

Luminatorz34
12-27-2008, 01:02 PM
sharp z.....the reasons you started above is why my z sits from november until around april, or when stuff melts, and dries back out again

DJ0820
12-27-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't think I could ever justify having a perfectly driveable car shipped...there's some bonding and satisfaction to had on that drive home.

DustinsDuster
12-27-2008, 02:33 PM
slick looking Z; is it a 6 speed?

69gt4speed
12-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Just got off work, extremely hazardous, pure ice. In fact we have a ice warning in effect. Barely got van in driveway. 4x4 weren't doing any better. You know when anti lock comes on up hill at 20 mph it's bad.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-27-2008, 04:35 PM
nice looking car! those 077's are sharp...

and DJ, i drove all the way to georgia for my car! lol

Stutz
12-28-2008, 02:14 AM
Nice camaro, its begging for some exhaust!

A local kid has been driving a LT1 style WS6 around all winter idk how he does it, my Z has sat all winter.

Domestic Disturbance
12-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I had to drive mine threw the 1st winter I had it. That was shitty. When I got mine I drove it back from KCMO and the whole time I kept getting on and off the freeway so I could go through the gears. Nice looking Z

NitrousJunkie
12-28-2008, 01:12 PM
slick looking Z; is it a 6 speed?

Ehh, it's an A4 (I wanted another m6...but I couldn't justify turning it down because of the price.)

Will be looking for a deal on a T-56 soon along with a 9" and other misc.

Right now though it's being a bitch starting after sitting all night, once it starts it runs like a raped ape but getting it to start cold is the problem right now, couldn't get it to start today :mad:

It has an aftermarket alarm installed but didn't come with the key-fob....wtf right? So it won't start with the door open, I'm wondering if that alarm has something to do with it not starting but I'm leaning more towards a weak fuel pump or clogged filter, I'm going to test the fuel pressure soon and whenever I get it started again it's getting that alarm removed over at Red's CB and a new one installed.

When you buy used, your almost always buying someone elses problems, I knew this but fell in love with the car.

Thanks for the compliments, I've been out of the F-Body Scene for a while but am happy I'm back. :bigthumb:

Chris