PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather

melhoneybee
12-23-2008, 04:16 AM
What's everyone doing to keep themselves entertained during "indoor" season?

I know I have been working alot, and go back to school in January. I'll have to admit I'm kinda excited about it =D

DustinsDuster
12-23-2008, 04:53 PM
i went to the Sutton December Birthday Group party- but didnt see you there!

NewSpeedSteed
12-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Working and playing in the snow with my Jeep- I'm finding out that a stock Grand Cherokee is pretty capable (talking 'offroading') but it has gotten stuck twice so far. In its defence though it got stuck in a drift that was as tall as the roof. I see it as its got a 'trail rated' badge on the fender so I need to test out how trail rated it really is before I plan upgrades. So far I'm seeing a lift (2-4") and at least 31" tires as well as a brush guard.

DJ0820
12-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Kerosene heater, Garage and Honda surgeries

sLoWnStEaDy
12-23-2008, 06:03 PM
movies
playing with my son A LOT
preparing for my promotion test (Army)
garage, kerosene heater and the RX7

SaNdMaNsSi
12-23-2008, 06:55 PM
newspeed- where are you going with the jeep? I've got a Wrangler and have been looking to get it stuck.

NewSpeedSteed
12-23-2008, 07:25 PM
newspeed- where are you going with the jeep? I've got a Wrangler and have been looking to get it stuck.

Out by Walford (where I live) theres some level b dirt roads outside of town, plus my family owns some land (300 acres) in Amana. If you ever want a 'guide' to show you some fun roads let me know.

FiFdYnUtZ
12-23-2008, 07:38 PM
garage, party, heater, getting stuck, the usual

ZEE
12-23-2008, 09:22 PM
What's indoor season? I work outside all through the winter.

Clinical
12-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Playing racing games? :P

Basically just work/school and hanging out with friends

Domestic Disturbance
12-24-2008, 02:03 AM
tEh p20n!

sLoWnStEaDy
12-24-2008, 08:20 AM
I think i got one of the shittiest things to do right now... We are moving again...

from Hiawatha to S.W. Cedar Rapids, it is gonna suck moving in this shit! But i'll have a decent sized garage at this house atleast, 3 stall but it can fit 4 cars side by side if i need to. fenced yard, 3bd, 2bth and basement was flooded so it has new water heater, furnace, central air unit etc...

DJ0820
12-24-2008, 12:12 PM

Out by Walford (where I live) theres some level b dirt roads outside of town, plus my family owns some land (300 acres) in Amana. If you ever want a 'guide' to show you some fun roads let me know.

I live out by the airport on gravel and these roads out here are fucked. If anyone wants to get stuck and will point you in the right direction.

NewSpeedSteed
12-24-2008, 12:20 PM

I live out by the airport on gravel and these roads out here are fucked. If anyone wants to get stuck and will point you in the right direction.

LOL funny you mention that, I got stuck last weekend on Tissel Hollow Rd
I was about 1500 yards from being back on Airport Rd when I encountered a drift that was easily roof high; that's the one that I mentioned getting stuck in (referring to my first post). I knew I couldn't make it through the drift but stopping/3 point turn wasn't an option because of the narrow gravel road and all the drifts. Live and learn I guess.

melhoneybee
12-25-2008, 10:51 AM
i went to the Sutton December Birthday Group party- but didnt see you there!

Well, I heard about that last night for the first time. People forget I don't get text messages. So I hear about things a week late, I was out drinking that night too.

melhoneybee
12-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Slow- That sounds like a nice place by the way. I'm still loving my condo and everything I don't have to do cause of it. (mowing, leaves, snow removal)

DJ0820
12-25-2008, 12:06 PM
LOL funny you mention that, I got stuck last weekend on Tissel Hollow Rd
I was about 1500 yards from being back on Airport Rd when I encountered a drift that was easily roof high; that's the one that I mentioned getting stuck in (referring to my first post). I knew I couldn't make it through the drift but stopping/3 point turn wasn't an option because of the narrow gravel road and all the drifts. Live and learn I guess.

I was stuck on Tissel Hollow a few nights ago. It's weird being out in the middle of nowhere in the dark and have 2 people in trucks randomly show up to pull me out. Country folk rule. The snow is as tall as the 4 way intersection sign right close to Walford Rd on Tissel Hollow. Madness.