PDA

View Full Version : Full Interior Evo in the 8's

Jappbox
12-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Nice car, was built in 6 days!! Video kinda sucks..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuT3P5Sb2us

Stro
12-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Beautiful!

DustinsDuster
12-15-2008, 06:51 PM
that big pop when he shifted into fourth made me think he broke something at first. awesome thought.

Drifte
12-15-2008, 07:51 PM
That is a cool car. I think I saw this somewhere, either on youtube or evom or something.

TbTalon94
12-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Looks just like mine :)

It's nice to see an Evo run those times without a gt42r hangin there. He was gettin that out of the hole fast....

Mufflover
12-16-2008, 08:32 AM
It didnt look like it had heat or air? Or did I miss that? Either way pretty darn cool.

TbTalon94
12-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Definantly didn't have a/c, maybe didn't have heat. There was A LOT of weight reduction that's for sure!

Scott
12-16-2008, 11:17 AM
those motors are impressive for stock parts thats for sure "not saying this one has stock parts" but why the hell doesnt anyone make a good auto trans for these things with a trans-brake in it.. They'd be so much faster..

TbTalon94
12-16-2008, 11:44 AM
The stock evo trans is pretty strong. Not many people have the problems like DSMs have with breaking them, so there really hasn't been a "need/want" for an auto trans.

slow ride
12-16-2008, 05:55 PM
With the size stall you would need to get it out of the hole the car would suck to drive on the street though. An auto would save on driveline parts since it reduces driveline shock witch fragile independent suspensions(domestic and import) don't take well to. Imports have always had weak automatic transmissions and building them up is hit or miss. The rwd stuff usually converts to a GM setup, but it's not really an option for the fwd/awd cars.

There are some really fast DSM autos out there, but usually they need to be lightened a bit to take the load off trans. The big turbo/small motors just don't take well to autos for anything other than drag racing. A clutch seems to be the ticket if any streetability is desired. The power is to mushy and like an on/off switch unless nitrous is used to help with spool in the auto.

Jappbox
12-16-2008, 10:12 PM
I rock a Shep Stage 1, its just a stock evo rebuild with a few tweeks. Good to 171mph in the quater as AMS used to run it.. Now they are trying out the Dog box, Dog box is the way to go for trans but you have to know where your gears are or else.. The autos are great for a limited time on DSM's as they need rebuilt often. The thing thats the issue now with 1000+hp Evos is the Transfer cases. This car in the video makes 700whp. Im sure its lightened up. but its all about Good launch, good shiftng, and not leting boost fall off.

Scott
12-17-2008, 07:09 AM
actually with the different converters I have tried in my cars "which are big v-8's" the high stalls are barely noticable on the street untill you really get into the power then they will flash up higher. but under normal driving conditions you cant tell the difference between a 3k stall and a 5k stall converter. I have a converter that stalls about 5k or so in my car and with it idling in gear the car will move on its own just like a stock 1500 stall, but when you mash the throttle is the only time you can tell and then you get the great feeling of torque multiplication at 5k rpm and usually tire smoke to go along with it. never had a problem with the trans getting hot either unless you are doing back to back runs or highway pulls. and with alot of the newer trans that have lockup covnerters you can cruise down the highway fairly efficiently as well. Just seems to me it would help these cars get out of the gate and eliminate the immediate 1-2 shift.

Scott
12-17-2008, 07:10 AM
and a dog box is a sweet trans, but on the street? no thank you

69gt4speed
12-24-2008, 11:24 PM
what are the available tranny ratios for a evo now? There has around 3 or 4 various choices for the domestics w a t56. Like Scott mentioned it's like launch, then shift.

Jappbox
12-25-2008, 09:01 PM
eeryone just runs stock Ratios, 4th gear reving to 10k+ will get you 160+ MPH traps. The not sure on the dog box for the evo as only 3 in the world run it! If its like the DSM its longer ratios in every gear. 4th will go 200mph.

Drifte
01-10-2009, 04:42 PM
thought I would toss this in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTTEdswe_v0
First evo (its a 1-3) in 7's. Still runs uni body, probably the last run with it that way, and tubing will be put together.

Ricky
01-11-2009, 10:19 AM
wow... i can only imagine driving that thing. Man that would make you butt hole pucker!