PDA

View Full Version : Me vs Evo

Ninesecsnake
12-15-2008, 03:38 PM
This was with my previous motor 15-17lbs of boost, with the cracked intercooler it wouldn't make any more boost no matter what I put in the AMS, shit I even tried 50lbs and it still wouldn't make over 17. I think we started at 50 or so and I let off at 160, I cant remember and didn't name the log, this was on stock wheels with 275.40.17 m/t radials. Its a fast car for sure but not fast enough!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Modified-Evo-vs-Modified_205456.htm

JustinS
12-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Reading Streetfire.net comments makes my head hurt. Got anymore vids?

Ninesecsnake
12-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Reading Streetfire.net comments makes my head hurt. Got anymore vids?

Just this one that George made:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Closing-Day-Tri-State_191163.htm?ref=91298145-4a47-40ba-a36b-99ad00c308b1

I'm purchasing an HD video camera for my car on Wednesday, so there will many videos in the future.

allgo
12-15-2008, 04:43 PM
thats what you call a ass whooping.... nice Ryan..

Jappbox
12-15-2008, 04:53 PM
sweet vid! if your around this next year it would be fun for me and you to play around.. Im sick of messing with just bikes :)

FiFdYnUtZ
12-15-2008, 04:55 PM
sweet vid

K-ville
12-15-2008, 05:31 PM
sweet vid! if your around this next year it would be fun for me and you to play around.. Im sick of messing with just bikes :)

I would like to see u and a certain GN on here make some passes

allgo
12-15-2008, 06:08 PM

Waste of my time, I dont roll race. If they want a roll go to hyvee and buy some....

K-ville
12-15-2008, 08:45 PM

Waste of my time, I dont roll race. If they want a roll go to hyvee and buy some....

uh oh looks like the ol GN isnt worried bout runnin a evo that ""only bikes are fast enough to run""

FiFdYnUtZ
12-15-2008, 08:48 PM
imo although rolls are for fat chicks, the gn might be in trouble racing it from a roll....dig would be interesting though, and dangerous lol...

K-ville
12-15-2008, 09:05 PM
imo although rolls are for fat chicks, the gn might be in trouble racing it from a roll....dig would be interesting though, and dangerous lol...

I hate roll racing.... not to say i havnt done it or that i wont ever again, but launching a car that slams ur ass into the seat and lays your head back while atempting to get every bit of power to the ground while not blowing the tires off............ THATS WHERE ITS AT
I dont understand why you would want to roll race a AWD as well just seems like missing out on half the fun to me

FiFdYnUtZ
12-15-2008, 09:09 PM
im sure launching a 900+whp evo on weak dr's wouldnt be a walk in the park...

K-ville
12-15-2008, 09:20 PM
im sure launching a 900+whp evo on weak dr's wouldnt be a walk in the park...

agreed but I wouldnt build a 900+whp anything for racing that couldnt handle a race or being beat on... not saying i dont like evo's or that its a bad car cuz i dont know the car or owner i just know what i saw on the video

69gt4speed
12-16-2008, 12:17 AM
First Ryan the stang was way more powerful no doubt even at that boost level w the stock heads and cam. I can imagine what the heads and cam do at that boost level at least 150 mo whp w proper setup and tune. You ever drop by here again overnight just let us know.

Imo a good roll race can simulate a dyno run pretty good. Takes out driver error and wheelspin a lot. I do either but the 6 speed makes a roll better imo than a auto. It's faster w equal hp and decent driver. That's why I said Ryans auto stang was way more powerful than that 6 speed evo. No matter what that evo guy said.

Scott
12-16-2008, 06:52 AM
yeah that fucker gets it!! 160+ mph in the quarter aint no joke. badass man

K-ville
12-16-2008, 07:17 AM
First Ryan the stang was way more powerful no doubt even at that boost level w the stock heads and cam. I can imagine what the heads and cam do at that boost level at least 150 mo whp w proper setup and tune. You ever drop by here again overnight just let us know.

Imo a good roll race can simulate a dyno run pretty good. Takes out driver error and wheelspin a lot. I do either but the 6 speed makes a roll better imo than a auto. It's faster w equal hp and decent driver. That's why I said Ryans auto stang was way more powerful than that 6 speed evo. No matter what that evo guy said.

Maybe im a idiot but i dont get why we are talking about a stang??

Mufflover
12-16-2008, 08:35 AM

Dont worry not many people can understand the old farts posts, he just rambles on and on. :bigthumb:

Mufflover
12-16-2008, 08:36 AM

I like to see that, I think that mustang has to much for you though.

black88gt
12-16-2008, 09:20 AM

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ryan's cobra maybe?

FiFdYnUtZ
12-16-2008, 12:13 PM
its a pretty understandable post, he is talking about how much more obvious power ryans mustang is making over the evo and he is giving his .02 on roll racing...

K-ville
12-16-2008, 12:25 PM

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ryan's cobra maybe?

i was just goin off the fact we were talkin about evo vs. gn and pretty much forgot what this thread was started as

69gt4speed
12-17-2008, 02:10 AM
Well original poster is Ryan (ninesecsnake) w a aod (3 speed auto w od) and imo a 6 speed is better on a roll with equal whp w good driver. So evidently Ryans car has a lot more whp than that evo even though Ryans car was weak in boost in this test. A auto sucks power out on a roll test, why most auto guys (like the gn) mostly say no for a roll test unless he's sure he has it covered. With converter slip mostly and amount of gears it loses whp compared to a 6 speed. No trashing on you Ryan but you must of known he was full of crap w your exp. I, like all stang guys appreciate the post and video of what a mod 4v is capable of. They can be good w the limited v8 c.i they have. No way is my bolt on junk even close to the new setup.

Maybe if mufflover had a car and actually tested it streetwise many times vs whatever car he'd understand how things really are. That's my theory. I'm old for sure but I know way mo than said and don't tell everything unless asked or challenged. Maybe I just don't tell all cause I appreciate someone's hard work and money spent.

allgo
12-17-2008, 07:21 AM
Well original poster is Ryan (ninesecsnake) w a aod (3 speed auto w od) and imo a 6 speed is better on a roll with equal whp w good driver. So evidently Ryans car has a lot more whp than that evo even though Ryans car was weak in boost in this test. A auto sucks power out on a roll test, why most auto guys (like the gn) mostly say no for a roll test unless he's sure he has it covered. With converter slip mostly and amount of gears it loses whp compared to a 6 speed. No trashing on you Ryan but you must of known he was full of crap w your exp. I, like all stang guys appreciate the post and video of what a mod 4v is capable of. They can be good w the limited v8 c.i they have. No way is my bolt on junk even close to the new setup.

Maybe if mufflover had a car and actually tested it streetwise many times vs whatever car he'd understand how things really are. That's my theory. I'm old for sure but I know way mo than said and don't tell everything unless asked or challenged. Maybe I just don't tell all cause I appreciate someone's hard work and money spent.

No I say no to a roll race cause its gay!!!

69gt4speed
12-17-2008, 09:11 AM
I'll go with that but I know you put the gn or cobra on dyno rollers, a roll test is almost the same imo. All I use it for. Someone says my car puts down 450 whp, then let's see it. We know all dynos read somewhat different. I'm not arguing w anyone.

K-ville
12-17-2008, 09:15 AM
I'll go with that but I know you put the gn or cobra on dyno rollers, a roll test is almost the same imo. All I use it for. Someone says my car puts down 450 whp, then let's see it. We know all dynos read somewhat different. I'm not arguing w anyone.

i think allgo uses dynos like me and thats for tuning not racing or comparing cars

69gt4speed
12-18-2008, 01:18 AM
Ok some tuners argue real street or track tuning is needed to properly load the engine as the rollers esp on a heavy car like a 03, which can cause the a/f to vary quite a bit so they say. Mine was street tuned w a lm1 and predator w a well known 03 tuner. 4th gear from 2.5k to 6.5k logged the a/f and timing and he adj. it. Been argued many times what is good tuning.

Bottom line: What we can agree on, tuning is done to protect the engine and make max power reliably w parts/fuel used. Track, street, dig, roll it doesn't matter. Same goal. W a d/d or street car we want max mileage also and start/idle at -15 deg f here. Way too many times w good enough engine parts, poof it is broke. Wtf happened? Fuel, tune, etc. It layed down and died. These days we can get good/same parts for most anything. So stuff happens if you push it hard. Track or street. Roll or dig. We have seen stuff blow/break. Then figure out wtf went wrong and why.

Why I am impressed w ninesecsnakes 93, runs the numbers and speed, does street good also, what mo you want? With bugs worked out, it's good, plain and simple. I bet on 17 to 19# boost it could run our bp 93 oct and be plenty fast whatever way you slice it. Sure you could take a 572 bbc/600 ford/500+ chrysler auto w turbos at 17# and get 1000 whp on 93 no doubt and tubbed w big azz tires. Just he's done it from around here.

Urban Legend
12-20-2008, 11:54 PM

i think allgo uses dynos like me and thats for tuning not racing or comparing cars

I think Allgo uses dynos for numbers!!!!
Sorry Joe, you know I'm still pissed at you for not lettin them hang, and running that damn foxbody

Oh and nice video snake, you sure that wasn't a stock evo?