PDA

View Full Version : easy fast color changes?

xci.ed6
12-10-2008, 03:42 PM
http://brunei-carzine.blogspot.com/2008 ... -body.html (http://brunei-carzine.blogspot.com/2008/08/new-technique-in-changing-car-body.html)

ZacFields
12-10-2008, 04:14 PM
That's pretty cool actually, but what is the cost compared to just painting the car? I imagine this stuff would be relatively expensive.

The only negative I can imagine would be all the little 16-year olds trying to do this at home to their own cars. This looks to be much more difficult than painting but I could be wrong. I've just seen way too many disgusting homemade tint jobs. lol

Drifte
12-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Uh, vinyl wrap...

TbTalon94
12-11-2008, 07:18 AM
I just don't see it shining like regular paint, or having any depth. Plus could you imagine installing that stuff? It would be a HUGE pain in the ass.

gsxtacy
12-11-2008, 08:07 AM
A lot of people are doing vinyl wraps these days. Check out Rage Wraps and Sticker Dude for some nice designs. A lot of stock car guys are heading this way since it is cheaper than repainting and you can apply sponser names to the wrap so it goes on in one application.

Jared

slobalt
12-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Interesting, like y'all said stretching to fit would be a pain, plus there would be those cars with bubbles from the home installation people. Just more things to laugh at......

sLoWnStEaDy
12-11-2008, 09:34 AM
May be if you planned to rob a bank or something that would be handy. Cops are looking for a white BMW for the get-away vehicle, you pull into an alley or something, rip the shit off and your in a black BMW free to cruise without worry...
IDK... probably costs close to a paint job anyways...

Scott
12-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Wraps are not cheaper than painting cars. especially in circle track, you'll be looking at 1500-2000 to wrap a car or modified entirely.. I painted my mod for like 30 bucks!! for street cars and shit they dont shine near as much but definetly nice to have on a drag car, dropping tools on it wont hurt it. use a rag with brake clean to clean your car would be sweet!! and the wrap itself has very very small holes in it almost perforated to release air so there isnt any air bubbles.. I would love to have a wrap on my circle track car but its sooo damn expensive

Drifte
12-11-2008, 09:59 AM
local sing shop here just added on a garage to do car wraps, they have a few around. Has anyone noticed that Best Buys Geek squad cars are wrapped?

TbTalon94
12-11-2008, 10:30 AM
AMS wrapped their drag car, and time attack car. Makes it easy to put advertisements in and keep it looking alright. I still think it's goofy.

Scott
12-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Gradys Graphics and innovative signs also does wraps Im pretty sure

FiFdYnUtZ
12-11-2008, 11:13 AM
i dont think its practical for the average joe (yes it would work great for advertising on race cars) but i think in person it wouldnt shine good as stated and would look cheap...

Drifte
12-11-2008, 11:33 AM
makes a great winterizer to a car you dont want treated to the elements. Stick all along the lower portion of you car.