PDA

View Full Version : The ol blu getting beat on again offical version

69gt4speed
11-28-2008, 02:42 AM
Well the offical version since things have been settled. Tried to find a fitting song hopefully it fits considering the outcome. Notice btw no traffic at all, no hazards, looks clear. Test 1 and 2 cobra w s/c only 12#, gt w spray all 3 tests. Test 1 the camera guy didn't know camera takes a few sec to boot up, almost by then gt window sw cuts off (no spray) started from 45. Test 2 cobra trys a 3rd gear at 45, gt in 2nd and you see what happens. Test 3 both in 2nd, both w spray, gt lets off at approx. 70 from 45. Video shot w a kodak z712.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDp_1fWX7Ww

NewSpeedSteed
11-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Hmm wonder who the Sonic Blue GT belongs to....
Glad to see its running- again. Just in time for the snow LOL. Nice driving (and cars) but the camera work could have been better. Never the less I saved it to a playlist :bigthumb:

Drifte
11-28-2008, 08:56 AM
I couldnt read the font. But whatever you were racing destroyed you when you were both on spray. That was impressive.

69gt4speed
11-28-2008, 12:21 PM

You know it's a fellow member here, he got it off the dyno this particular day. Put down 400's whp on the spray. Dss stroker, etc.

I didn't instruct camera guy too well about particulars, I picked him up at advance auto beforehand and never had been in the car before. So camera was in the cobra. I think I scared him a bit, car jumps around a lil esp. test 3 when I had the spray on. I had the m/ts dr radials on at this time, not the 315 hoosiers. So it spins some at 45 and on the 2/3 shift. So around 445 whp + 100 whp jets.

All said and done this lil stunt cost me some money, the gt guy got off w/o incident. I don't rat ppl or friends out. I drove the car home btw and it was settled later w a 24 over speeding, 89 in a 65 zone. Beside the gt let off at 70 mph on test 3.

NewSpeedSteed
11-28-2008, 09:49 PM

You know it's a fellow member here, he got it off the dyno this particular day. Put down 400's whp on the spray. Dss stroker, etc.

I didn't instruct camera guy too well about particulars, I picked him up at advance auto beforehand and never had been in the car before. So camera was in the cobra. I think I scared him a bit, car jumps around a lil esp. test 3 when I had the spray on. I had the m/ts dr radials on at this time, not the 315 hoosiers. So it spins some at 45 and on the 2/3 shift. So around 445 whp + 100 whp jets.

All said and done this lil stunt cost me some money, the gt guy got off w/o incident. I don't rat ppl or friends out. I drove the car home btw and it was settled later w a 24 over speeding, 89 in a 65 zone. Beside the gt let off at 70 mph on test 3.

LOL yeah he has kinda kept me in the loop off and on about how the build was going; I'm well aware of who it is, I'm glad its finally working like it should :supz:

69gt4speed
11-29-2008, 09:31 AM
It's working, sniper tuned car now. Rather him say the details. We never did a comparison w old setup.

stangvortech
11-30-2008, 01:10 AM
I did not know what I was doing with the camera..... I wish I could have got the start of the first race on there but o well.....

69gt4speed
11-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Well that was my fault, forgot it takes time to boot at power on. You never been in the car riding w me either so I'd be nervous also.

Anyhow the deal is test 1 was very close. Test 2 my 3rd gear start at 45 was a error on my part, lost by a lot. Test 3, I had a lil more power.