PDA

View Full Version : Not enough horsepower????

Luminatorz34
11-27-2008, 08:20 AM
quite lengthy vid (20+ mins) but definatly worth your while...check it out...the GT TT
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/sickest-street-car_186708.htm

Drifte
11-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Oh yea I've seen this. Pretty good stuff.

DustinsDuster
11-27-2008, 09:13 AM
x2, but its still awesome. it sucks when you have too much power to ever use...

NewSpeedSteed
11-27-2008, 09:32 AM
x2, but its still awesome. it sucks when you have too much power to ever use...

IDK who told me this but "You can never have enough power, you just don't have enough traction."
Although IMHO anything over 600whp is a waste on the street (most of the time anyway) its just really hard to get anything like that to hook or be safe.

derek072887
11-27-2008, 11:26 AM
anyone know if there is a second video of the new set up? id love to see that

DustinsDuster
11-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Although IMHO anything over 600whp is a waste on the street (most of the time anyway) its just really hard to get anything like that to hook or be safe.

AKA BBunting's old Lingenfelter vette....

NewSpeedSteed
11-27-2008, 12:48 PM
anyone know if there is a second video of the new set up? id love to see that

Last I heard he ended up destroying the motor (the thing crank walked or something) all I know is that it was still on the stock crankshaft and thats what gave out. He use to be on SVTPrefomance.com and he said that it was still at the shop getting worked or or something.

69gt4speed
11-27-2008, 04:16 PM
The car was fixed some time ago. However his so called spokes person (leosvt) was a jackazz and got banned over some shady car part dealing on svt. Just remember these cars hook up better w engine over transaxle, now they have some tires so more power is possible along w programmed boost control. I'm sure jesse or some others would argue 600 to 700 whp for sure isn't overkill. Like anything just takes know how and $. Brians H old car had no problem really hooking up, course look at the tires and suspension. I posted the latest in ford gt tech in domestic, there are a couple of videos of torries compound gt somewhere. He made 905 whp pump gas power w just the t/t so he knows some things imo.