PDA

View Full Version : truck is f'd up

lil krumm
11-26-2008, 10:03 AM
so my truck has been having these problems for a couple weeks but they get better worse and right now its way worse. it all started after puttin on a 3in body lift. and nobody on my truck forum of over 100,000 members can tell me jack shit.

so heres what its doing now:

truck wants to die when idling in gear. (runs perfect in park)
sometimes dies when i press the brake.
cuts in and out while driving
launched fireballs out the exhaust last night
and taillights quit working last night..

any ideas are much appreciated

thanks

Kenton

Luminatorz34
11-26-2008, 01:49 PM
kent,
all i can think of due to the body lift, is maybe you stretched some of the wiring in it somewhere from jacking the body up. you change angles of the gear shift and everything like that when you do body lifts. so maybe you stretched the wiring to a point of breaking a few wires or are shorting them out? i have no clue really. but my guess is stretched wires somewhere

Drifte
11-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Body lift caused a ground strap to break. That was it.

However in the mean time it received a much needed tune up!

Seems to be running great now.

lil krumm
11-26-2008, 05:28 PM
still a little hesitation but much better, now its time to buy a few things to keep the engine bay clean and make it sound a little better....and louder...

Drifte
11-26-2008, 06:13 PM
^ and maybe update your signature pic.

Luminatorz34
11-26-2008, 09:03 PM
making the exhaust sound better and louder on a v6 isnt always better...i did that to one of my lumina's...not the best thing i ever accomplished. lol. glad you got it figured out though. i knew it was in the wiring...now if u did a suspension lift you would have never had this problem ;)

Drifte
11-27-2008, 12:22 AM
He did do a suspension lift, and then the body lift as well. I say just some messing with the damn thing.

lil krumm
11-27-2008, 10:30 AM
i got 4in left to go before i cant lift it anymore... so its gonna get that eventually.

Luminatorz34
11-27-2008, 06:31 PM
oh theres no such thing as not being able to lift it anymore...ive heard guys with over 20 inches of lift...just up to how much u wanna fab on your own mang

lil krumm
11-30-2008, 01:37 AM
with out converting to solid front axle i cant go any higher... i dont feel like dropping $6k into this truck when i need a new one to work with any ways.